Thread: driver

Tuner in Training

driver

I just bought a new lap top what has windows vista. I also upgraded to the new cable. I installed the program and then it wanted me to hook up my interface and so I plugged it in. Then windows reconized it and started installing the driver for it but then canceled becuase the driver does not have a digital signature and windows vista requres it. My hp program will not reconize it now. What do I do? I need to use it asap. Thanks for the heip.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    64 bit operating systems are not supported because they don't accept our drivers since they are unsigned, you can read what others are doing as workarounds to this here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...?t=5228&page=3
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the fast response. Where do I go to download the zip file with the drivers on it? I looked on the cd I have but did not see it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I've tried all of the work arounds and it still won't work. I'm giving up!

Tuner in Training
    I've been trying it over and over and I still haven't got it fixed yet.

Tuner in Training
    I have got the latest drivers installed and windows still says they are not digital signed so they are not compatible. If I'm missing something please let me know, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    ^^^^ I'm right there with you!

Zeek, Racer,
    Bill usually handles technical support, but since Bill is taking his newborn and wife home from the hospital today I figured I would see if I can help by relaying some of what another customer sent me via email today, perhaps the information in it can help you:

I finally got my scanner to work. Unfortunately I tried all of the recommended fixes in your forum before I tried the log on with F8 and disabling the digital signed drivers. You may want to let your customers know that you have to repeatedly hit the F8 until the correct screen comes up. I couldn’t get it to come up and was entering the setup screen (F2) and looking for the disable digital signal line, which wasn’t there.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Advanced Tuner
    Heads up for you guys having issues getting a signed driver working..

The F8 disabling of driver signing will work. An alternative to hitting F8 on each startup, try searching google for "SetupReadyDriverPlus.exe".. I dont like this as a fix for unsigned drivers and dont use it myself, but it will probably take care of the signing issue for you.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Tuner in Training
    F8 works good for temporary. Thanks everyone for the help and thanks Bill for the email back. I look forward to a correct driver so we don't have to use F8, but its good enough for now.

Advanced Tuner
    @zeekracing

Google what I described above.. It automatically hits F8 for you each time you boot your computer
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.