Thread: LB7 Tune

LB7 Tune

Was looking around the internet for a good 100 hp tune for my buddies 02 Dmax. Here is a couple I have found. I am really unfamiliar with diesel tunes and was wondering if I could get some input on them before using.

Thanks,
    DH

Tuner in Training
    I peaked at your V2 Tune a little, it is probably near 100 hp. I recommend an EGT gauge at a minimum before loading that for him. Most people get addicted to the power and abuse the hell out their ride, especially towing. For the record that tune is a bit hotter than what I would use as a tow tune, without EGT guage and larger exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by b_faster View Post
    I peaked at your V2 Tune a little, it is probably near 100 hp. I recommend an EGT gauge at a minimum before loading that for him. Most people get addicted to the power and abuse the hell out their ride, especially towing. For the record that tune is a bit hotter than what I would use as a tow tune, without EGT guage and larger exhaust.
    Thanks for the feedback! He does have 5" exhaust on his truck. I will let him know he needs to pick up the gauge as well!

Tuner in Training
    I have a safe tune that won't limp a stock tranny and can be used for towing. PM me and I'll give you details and the file if you still need it.
    1999 Pontiac TransAm A4 LTs, ORY, LS6 Intake, PP 85mm TB, SLP Lid, TCI 3500 Stall, BFG Drag Radials, NX 100 shot setup,

2004 HD2500 GMC 4x4 crew cab

Tuner in Training trx2stroke4life39's Avatar
    Post it up I would like to take a look at it if you don't mind.
    2001- Silverado 4.8, coldair intake, custom catback, headers, Stohner Tuned
    2003- durmax dads truck.Yet to be tuned completely.

Quote Originally Posted by madden View Post
    I have a safe tune that won't limp a stock tranny and can be used for towing. PM me and I'll give you details and the file if you still need it.
    PM sent!