Thread: HP tuners vs Diablosport

Tuner

HP tuners vs Diablosport

I'm working on an 06 GTO with ported GM PErformance heads and a GM Performance camshaft. I have modified the Diablo handheld as far as I can go, but still showing a rich dip from 2700-4300 (11.0-11.5) Then it ramps up to 12.5. Can I use HP to 'tune' the Diablo tune or do I just need to start from scratch? Thanks in advance. Right now it's making 360 rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics Chassis dyno. (the heartbreaker)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nicstang View Post
    I'm working on an 06 GTO with ported GM PErformance heads and a GM Performance camshaft. I have modified the Diablo handheld as far as I can go, but still showing a rich dip from 2700-4300 (11.0-11.5) Then it ramps up to 12.5. Can I use HP to 'tune' the Diablo tune or do I just need to start from scratch? Thanks in advance. Right now it's making 360 rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics Chassis dyno. (the heartbreaker)
    I would just start from scratch with HPtuners and get it done right.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    The Diablo tune isn't really all that tweaked. It uses the stock VE table and adds some timing. The changes are elsewhere in the tune. You can use HPT to read the PCM with the Diablo tune in it and view it for yourself. Then put the stock tune back in the car so you can sell the Predator and tune the car (VE table) with HPT.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    I'd ditch the hand-held and go with HP Tuners. You can always read the Predator calibration and tweak from there if it's a good starting point for you.

Restore the stock tune and sell the Predator. From there, you won't look back.