Thread: Getting started and need USB Chanel A Help!

Potential Tuner

Getting started and need USB Chanel A Help!

Serious Newb here so I applogize in advance for the question!

My B Chanel loads fine but A will not load properly regarding USB port configuration.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with the same message.
    My CD is in the drive and seems to be trying to properly update but with no success. Any suggestions on how to get started as I am excited to learn!

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try installing the drivers on a different pc to determine if its a pc related issue or hardware related.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Try installing the drivers on a different pc to determine if its a pc related issue or hardware related.
    Thank You Bill,

Will Do!

Potential Tuner
    Hi Bill,

Still no luck attempting to load on another PC. I get the following message; CODE 39 Windows found driver softward for your devise but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

HP Tuners MPVI Channel B

Windowns cannot load the device driver for this hardward. The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39)

If you know the manufacturer of your devise, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.

Thank You in Advance,
    Ed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ah ha, you didn't state you were running windows vista 64 bit

You will need to use the new drivers we posted in this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=22646&page=4

Potential Tuner
    Bill,

Ok I feel like I know you now!

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled with new drivers on my desk top for Vista 64. As soon as I plug in the USB to connect, the drivers attempt to install but again get kicked back, now with both an A and B message to contact software provider, download unsuccessful.

Any suggestions? Can I get a new CD that will help this loading. I have yet to use any credits or get off the ground.

Thank You,

Ed

Ah ha, you didn't state you were running windows vista 64 bit

You will need to use the new drivers we posted in this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=22646&page=4

Potential Tuner
    Bill,

One more thought, can you email me the correct drivers to make sure I am referencing the right ones? I have tried so many times that I am afraid my computer is still picking the old ones as I have installed and deleted so many times.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver Quick View Post
    Bill,

Ok I feel like I know you now!

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled with new drivers on my desk top for Vista 64. As soon as I plug in the USB to connect, the drivers attempt to install but again get kicked back, now with both an A and B message to contact software provider, download unsuccessful.

Any suggestions? Can I get a new CD that will help this loading. I have yet to use any credits or get off the ground.

Thank You,

Ed

Chances it's the CD are highly unlikely. And you can just download the suite and have the latest.
    I have Vista x64 and it all went without a single hitch.

The "download unsuccessful" messages has me thinking you are not directing it to the drivers location on your system but asking it to search the Webb for them.
    If it were searching for the drivers on a local disc location it would not return that kind of message if it could not find them.

Try it again. Select the option that lets you choose where to look. You'll get it.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Thank you for the advise. Can you direct me to the exact link for the new drivers. There are so many I am confused on which one is for Vista 64,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    Chances it's the CD are highly unlikely. And you can just download the suite and have the latest.
    I have Vista x64 and it all went without a single hitch.

The "download unsuccessful" messages has me thinking you are not directing it to the drivers location on your system but asking it to search the Webb for them.
    If it were searching for the drivers on a local disc location it would not return that kind of message if it could not find them.

Try it again. Select the option that lets you choose where to look. You'll get it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you MUST uninstall the old drivers completely as outlined in the thread I posted for vista to even SEE the new ones(another wonderful part of vista)