Thread: Need Some Help...RussK Perhaps?

Tuner in Training

Need Some Help...RussK Perhaps?

Yesterday, in the fourth round of my race, I stalled up the converter preparing to launch and when I launched, I felt the truck kind of slip forward then take off really slow. As I went down track, I noticed that the truck wasn't shifting so I lifted just before the 1000' foot cone and coasted the rest of the way. In doing that, I still crossed the finish line at 73 mph and 15.26 seconds (I normally run 14.0's). I drove back to my pit thinking I had broken something. No code was thrown.

After letting it sit for a while, I went to put it on the trailer and I took a little drive and everything shifted just fine. I even stalled it up and did a full throttle launch and it shifted into second fine. In thinking about after the fact, the best way to describe what it felt like was a motorcycle leaving a stop in the wrong gear. I think I may have left the starting line in third gear rather than first somehow which explains my speed and ET despite not shifting.

Some background...I recently re-wrote my PCM several times trying out different tunes and operating systems. During this race, I felt at times that truck was kind of re-learning itself. A similar shifting issue happened once before about three years ago but a code was thrown for shift solenoid B. I had the code cleared and the person that cleared it said nothing was wrong and that modified transmissins do this often. My trans currently has a PI 3200 stall converter, Transgo shift kit, corvette and billet servos.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! My tune is attached for review and any pointers anyone may want to give. Thanks!
    2003 Silverado SS
    6.0 LQ9, AWD
    Ported and Polished Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, No Cats, Auto Meter Wide Band O2, Electric Fan, 3200 Stall, Shift Kit, Billet Servos, OLSD Tuned, Bracket Race Truck Only!

Potential Tuner
    my neighbor is having the same issue after installing a protorque 3200 stall in a 2002 awd yukon denalli. But the codes are enabled and we are getting fail safe. Same thing applies, it goes into 3rd gear.

Can someone send what I need to change in the trans settings please?

thanks

Tuner in Training
    I have been talking to some GTO owners and they have had the same issue a few times. They are saying that it is just happens sometimes. I guess it's just a glitch.
    2003 Silverado SS
    6.0 LQ9, AWD
    Ported and Polished Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, No Cats, Auto Meter Wide Band O2, Electric Fan, 3200 Stall, Shift Kit, Billet Servos, OLSD Tuned, Bracket Race Truck Only!

Potential Tuner
    well, we figured it has to do with line pressure. I thought we had it resolved than it did it again. I think I'm going to make a few more changes on some of the minimals. Obviosuly max is set to the highest settings.

Tuner in Training
    It sure would be nice to at least get some ideas about this from the experts around here or maybe even an answer.
    2003 Silverado SS
    6.0 LQ9, AWD

Tuner in Training
    Could this be my problem and fix?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101510
    2003 Silverado SS
    6.0 LQ9, AWD

Potential Tuner
    I doubt it, unless your going from 1st to 4th. It seems it's 2nd to 3rd only in fail safe and it stays there.

turn the truck off and restart it, it's normal again.

I don't think this is it. Especially considering there isn't any cam added.

Potential Tuner
    And the lack of help from any techs here is frustrating. Perhaps I should of bought the efilive software.