Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innovative LM2

Advanced Tuner

Innovative LM2

Hi,

How can i get the LM2 to work with the HPT controller? I have connected the lime wire and yellow to the 1 and 5 pins. HPT doesnt have a listing of the LM2 in their options, so i chose the LM1 as being closest, no go, i get a constant 12.62 reading for AFR.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You probably need to program the LM2 properly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You probably need to program the LM2 properly.
    Bill, when i use it as a stand alone, it works fine, but i need to connect it to hpt controller. Now, i read what little is included in their booklet about this but nothing about was clear. Also, there is no LM2 choice in HPT. Innovative havent responded to my query about this and i really dont know what else to do to program it

Tuner in Training
    Bill, I also have a LM2 and would love to learn how to set it and the HPT up to function correctly together. Could you share that procedure with us?
    Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    this really sucks cause i just ordered the lm1 and they told me they sent the lm2 at no charge but i didn't want this nightmare,please keep us updated.

I just received my LM2 also and I have a general idea on how to do it that might get you in the right direction(I hope someone with a little more knowledge chimes in) what I got so far is If you go down to the bottom of the table display, right click on input you choose, and click insert. then go to user defined. there you can choose what you want sensor would be air fuel, units would be afr. then if you click on the questions mark at the top of the page, it gives you the formula to use

as per the help portion

"To calculate a new formula for a custom wideband controller, take the total output voltage range divided by the AFR range.
    Example:
    If your wideband controllers output uses a 0v to 5v output, your output voltage range is 5.
    If your wideband controllers output is between 10afr and 18afr, your AFR range is 8.
    Total output voltage range divided by the AFR range would be 5/8 = 0.625
    The above number would be placed under the Volts text in your configuration.
    Then, in the + cell, you would enter in the minimum AFR value. For this example you would enter in 10"

You can use your lm programmer software if you want to change the range that your lm2 reads in. It might take some fine tuning to get them to match, but this should get you close.

Someone please chime in if I am wrong as I am far from an expert on this!!

Hope this helps

Tuner in Training
    i should get it tomorrow,we'll see

AFR range is 7.35afr - 22.39afr (15.04)
    5v / 15.04 = .332ish

[mpvi pro] terminal #1 [LM2] Lime wire
    [mpvi pro] terminal #5 (Grd) [LM2] yellow wire (Grd)
    Last edited by Blown; 03-25-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown View Post
    AFR range is 7.35afr - 22.39afr (15.04)
    5v / 15.04 = .332ish

[mpvi pro] terminal #1 [LM2] Lime wire
    [mpvi pro] terminal #5 (Grd) [LM2] yellow wire (Grd)
    so does this work?

Tuner in Training
    bump for if this formula works

Tuner in Training
    I am having this same problem. I can get the wideband meter and hp tuners to match at stoich but it won't change with the meter and stays constant. Can someone help?

Tuner in Training
    I have the same LM-2 and would like Bill or one of the other experts to chime in here.

Senior Tuner
    Have you programed your lm2 for 0-5v output?

I have a LM2 and it's quite simple to use. It takes a bit to set it for every car, but once set up it works nice.
    It's a nice unit, because I can use to log AFR on LT1 and carbed engines too

Tuner
    So is Blowns formula the right one? Anyone want to back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    So is Blowns formula the right one? Anyone want to back it up?
    I made this Excel tool to calculate the formula. I have used it several times with my LM-2 with good results.
    First use LM-Programmer and set the Volts vs AFR values (or leave them default), then input those values in this spreadsheet to calculate the formula, then set the formula it gives into HPTuners scanner.

Tuner in Training
    do i splice the cable to get to the wires im so lost.......HELP PLEASE

Tuner in Training
    sorry for the dumb question. i did not purchase the extra analog eio cable. just did and got next day air.
    can i power the lm-2 using cig adapter. ive read other threads stating not to, and to run directly to battery +/-. is this correct.
    i will not use the lm-2 as a permanent install. it will go from vehicle to vehicle

Tuner in Training
    I've been working on the LM-2 in conjunction with Hp tuners for 2 days now, but it's a pain in de a**. The Voltage jumps everywhere. I've checked the voltage output with my scope, and its a pretty neat signal the LM2 outputs. I've put a capacitor on the output that dumps the noise on the output completely. I see a briliant signal on my scope, and HP tuners is still jumping 0.2-0.4 Volts. Now the good part. The output is programmed to 0V - 0.5 Lambda, and 5V - 1.75 lambda.
    guess what.. Once the lambda drops below 0.76, it turns o'ut 4.89V. I've checked the lamdba in my program, and on HP tuners, and its 0ff with at least 0.06 lambda.
    Cant get it to work like i want to.
    Gonna take the Zeitronix ZT2 out of my rally car tommorow and see if that will work any beter.

Tuner in Training
    ive seen this to guys, i run tech edge with the scan tool.