Thread: Trying 20/20 tune

Senior Tuner

Trying 20/20 tune

I am working on a 2005 Duramax with an LLY engine. I am trying to follow the Mcrat 20/20 tune. The instructioins I found for this were written for a different tuner program. While figuring out what tables I needed to modify for the first 2 steps was not hard, the 3rd step I dont understand. Refered to as fake boost stick mod, I cannot find a place in hptuners to do the boost sensor scaling. Am I blind? If it is not there, is there another table you can apply the same idea to and achieve the same result?

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    OK, so I am certain the boost sensor adjust does not exist in hptuners. Would adjusting the desired boost tables by 20% do the same thing? Anyone?
    Last edited by mecanicman; 03-24-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have done the LBZ by adjusting the Baro Tables in the fuel section, but it wasnt by 20% across the board. I am as little as 0 in some places and as high as 23% in peaks. I can look at the LLY when I get a chance next week and see if I can come up with something comparable. I am tied up until then.

You don't need to rescale the A/D values for the boost sensor. Just make the changes in the boost table.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Potential Tuner
    Which table exactly do you mean by the boost table? "Desired boost max"? and how much to you recommend changing it by?
    I'm trying to tune an 03 LB7, btw.