Thread: 4t40e question

Question 4t40e question

I've got a 4t40e tranny (Cavalier Z24 with the 2.4 engine) with the AutotransInterceptor electronic shift kit.
    I've had this on the car for over 8 years with no issues on the tranny and 196,000 miles with it still going strong.
    So the question is with tuning the tranny and how the 'Interceptor will have an effect with the tuning of it through HPT.
    So far, I've done nothing with any tuning because of this and thought that someone here may have some experience with either the 'Interceptor or the B&M shift kit while trying to tune their tranny.

Any ideas on this?
    Should I remove the 'Interceptor and let HPT take over with the line pressure and TCC control?
    The only thing I've done so far is to 0 out the Torque management in the tranny but have not written it to the car yet.
    If you need more info, I can provide it.
    Thanks.

Anyone know?
    If not, I'll just figure it out.
    Thanks.

I would use one or the other, but not both.

theres a post asking for shift help from Lefix about shift firmness that has some good info.
    2004 2.2 Ecotec, CompCams Turbo Grind,
    3" exhaust, Precision PTB300-6157 intercooled
    HPT Pro, AEM EUGO wide-band

Quote Originally Posted by Cinpro View Post
    I would use one or the other, but not both.

theres a post asking for shift help from Lefix about shift firmness that has some good info.
    Thank you.
    So now I'm undecided on what to do but most likely, I'll keep the 'Interceptor on the tranny since it's been good and already have it dialed in.
    I'll check out the other thread too and thanks.