Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Beginner's Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

Tuner in Training
    ordered last night at 830 shipped this morning.

Advanced Tuner
    i just went to order the dvd and was blown away with handling and shipping charges. Using their cheapest shipping rate (to australia)+ summits postage and handling fee its going to cost a total of $100 AUD for shipping alone!!

greg is there going to be a download option soon?
    Last edited by sikhabib; 08-03-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner
    Mine came today. Sikhabib, I hope Greg can do something for you. Thats insane.

Do you know when Summit will be getting a new shipment? It says backordered until 9/25. That's such a long time from now!
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

Yea, I looked into one to, 9-25 is bit far off. I guess I'll have to use the school of hard knocks instead.
    2008 Cobalt SSTC S1
    67 RS Camaro 406 ci 12 sec 1/4mi
    87 Pachanga22 502ci 500hp

Crap finally go money to order one and if its sept 25 that is just insane . My car is running not great now and sick of it and putting car away like end of october. Surely they can ship more dvds way sooner?

Greg if I give you proof of my order can you pm me the injector data I need to make my car run right? I guess can wait of the full dvd but cant' wait for the injector data.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Per my reply to your PM, I've already sent a small emergency shipment to them to fill some backorders since someone at Summit forgot to reorder before they ran out. (I can't ship to them without the proper PO/authorization) Don't worry guys, I have a larger replacement order going out this week that should have them shipping before the weekend again. Keep in mind that Summit is always VERY conservative on dates when they're in a backorder situation.

sweet, thanks for the heads up
    2016 Camaro SS
    Full exhaust, rotofab CAI, ported IM/TB, E85, 3600rpm stall TC

Tuner
    Old thread, I know. I orderd this DVD on Monday via Summit and it came in yesterday, but I was not able to watch until tonight. Content of the information of the video is pretty good. There are a few things in there that I will be able to use, so I say the video portion is very good.
    I assumed since the release date of the material was late 2009, the information contained in the injector data would have values for later ECM's like the 2007 up E67 and E40's. Unfortionatly that is not the case, so it looks like I will still have to try and figure out what the early model ECM's used for values and then try and convert the data and interpolate for missing data. I am not quite sure how to even start to begin to figure out how to extrapulate the data required for Injector Offset vs. Pressure Delta vs. IGNV since the only Injector Offset Data supplied is Offset vs. Volts vs. Vacuum.
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post
    Old thread, I know. I orderd this DVD on Monday via Summit and it came in yesterday, but I was not able to watch until tonight. Content of the information of the video is pretty good. There are a few things in there that I will be able to use, so I say the video portion is very good.
    Glad to hear you found it helpful.

I assumed since the release date of the material was late 2009, the information contained in the injector data would have values for later ECM's like the 2007 up E67 and E40's.
    There is zero functional difference between injector control on a P59, P11, e67, e40, or e38 ECU. GM just changed the breakpoints from year to year, independent of the controller. It was not practical for me to deliver tables with exact breakpoints to match every single ECU GM has ever made. This is exactly why the DVD has a section explaining how to do the interpolation to get things close enough for whatever breakpoints are in your particular ECU. Please go back and re-watch that section.

I am not quite sure how to even start to begin to figure out how to extrapulate the data required for Injector Offset vs. Pressure Delta vs. IGNV since the only Injector Offset Data supplied is Offset vs. Volts vs. Vacuum.
    You shouldn't have to do much EXTRApolation, just some INTERpolation. Also, don't be intimidated by the change in axis labels from Vacuum to Pressure. It's just two different ways of expressing the pressure differential across the injector. Remember that 0kPa of Vacuum is equal to 100kPa of MAP and 400kPa of DELTA pressure across the injector. (ASSuming that your fuel pressure is set to 400kPa/58psig) Using that logic, 30kPa of Vacuum equals a MAP of 70kPa and an injector delta pressure of 430kPa. Capice?

Tuner
    So overthinking or looking in the wrong places as I usually do, I found the solution to two of my issues.

1. Change the units of measure in HPT for the IFR table and use the data directly from the worksheet for 128kPa - 640kPa (Delta or Absolute).

2. Offset will only use one of two tables, not both, so select the Offset type that you have data for. duh

The only thing that I have not yet crossed is scaling for injectors that have a larger flow rate than what is alowed in the IFR table. There are some opinions (and spreadsheets) floating around here that you can use the IFR modifier vs. voltage to make this up by reducing the IFR and increase the modifier.

Update: Have been reading this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28242 and it appears the only correct way of using larger injectors is to scale the entire tune and not the volt multiplier.
    Last edited by dtabbs; 08-05-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post
    The only thing that I have not yet crossed is scaling for injectors that have a larger flow rate than what is alowed in the IFR table. There are some opinions (and spreadsheets) floating around here that you can use the IFR modifier vs. voltage to make this up by reducing the IFR and increase the modifier.

...it appears the only correct way of using larger injectors is to scale the entire tune and not the volt multiplier.
    Correct, there is a hard limit that you'll hit even with the voltage multiplier. Incidentally, if you're close on the fuel flow limit, you're probably also very close on the air flow limit. That's why we do the scaling. Dave Steck has a good thread on here covering much of it, and I've chimed in several times. If you want a clearer example, the SECOND DVD covers the scaling exercise in detail with a live working example of the scaling exercise along with drive by wire and Virtual VE tuning.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Correct, there is a hard limit that you'll hit even with the voltage multiplier. Incidentally, if you're close on the fuel flow limit, you're probably also very close on the air flow limit. That's why we do the scaling. Dave Steck has a good thread on here covering much of it, and I've chimed in several times. If you want a clearer example, the SECOND DVD covers the scaling exercise in detail with a live working example of the scaling exercise along with drive by wire and Virtual VE tuning.
    I think maybe the thread you are referring to is this one originated by RWTD (James). I did also stumble across Dave Steck's PDF which I downloaded read through and will do so again. I have no doubt that I will be purchasing your second DVD also.

My plan is to install some already purchased 60lb Siemens tall EV1 injectors when I install a M62 on my G5-GT. From my research thus far and creating spreadsheets, my minimum injector scaling would be 32%, so it looks like I will be going 50% to keep the equations sane.