Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Beginner's Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

Summit says my DVD shipped today.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Advanced Tuner
    just ordered mine.

Advanced Tuner
    I ordered mine last night and there still saying that the expected arival is 8/21/09.

Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto View Post
    I ordered mine last night and there still saying that the expected arival is 8/21/09.
    Maybe they already shipped the first box that Greg sent and they are on back order again.

BJK
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Quote Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp View Post
    Maybe they already shipped the first box that Greg sent and they are on back order again.
    Yes, that's exactly the case. I'll have another (larger) shipment on the way to Summit next week.

Tuner
    Mine says shipped. Delivery 7/29. Waiting anxiously.
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI

Tuner
    Mine is here!!!

Tuner
    Greg,

As an additional note, the information on the data disc is worth the price of admisison alone. Very well done, and a testament to your knowledge.

Warm Regards,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMike View Post
    As an additional note, the information on the data disc is worth the price of admisison alone. Very well done, and a testament to your knowledge.
    Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you found it helpful. Both the DVD and classes are a direct result of a lot of the hard lessons I picked up over the last decade or so of doing this almost every day. It's nice to finally put together into something that's easily understood and actually useful to guys like you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMike View Post
    Mine is here!!!
    Damn! Mine is at the Phoenix distribution center but won't be delivered 'till tomorrow.

BJK

Just got my DVD today. I haven't viewed the whole disc yet, but here are a few initial observations:

The DVD came in a box that weighed almost 3 lbs. I thought is was additional material related to the dvd, but it turned out to be two full sized Summit (2.7 lbs) catalogs. From the beginning I felt the the shipping was very high for a dvd, but I really take offense to having to pay for shipping on TWO of their catalogs which then go straight to the trash.

The DVD is in a 16x9 format. I played it thru my Blu-Ray, which automatically up grades the resolution and the picture quality is very good UNTIL the camera moves in to extreme close ups of the computer monitor screen. Then the picture quality really goes to pot with major interference lines. I don't know if this has something to do with my setup or is a flaw in the production.

Greg does an excellent job of explaining the subject at hand and at the right pace for a beginner.

BJK
    Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 07-29-2009 at 03:11 PM.

I believe summit has free shipping on all orders. Maybe DVDs are different. They do charge a flat $10.99 handling charge though. To eliminate the lines on the screen try changing the refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor if it's adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by faust.dr View Post
    I believe summit has free shipping on all orders. Maybe DVDs are different. They do charge a flat $10.99 handling charge though. To eliminate the lines on the screen try changing the refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor if it's adjustable.
    The problem is the same when playing thru my computer or using my Blu-Ray
    which is hooked to my 1080P HD tv.

$11.95 Delivery and Handling. I assume Delivery means shipping.

BJK
    Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 07-29-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Yeah, what probably happened is that the computer being film was set at 60 Hz (60 frames/sec) refresh rate and the camera was filming at 30 frames/sec so you end up seeing some of the screen refreshes because they are multiples of each other. I'm not sure that can be fixed. As for the shipping, summit charges the $11.95 as a flat amount for any shipment besides truck freight. Sucks for small stuff, but pays off for large orders.

watched the entire DVD tonight. Very well put together.
    Injector data was what I was really after though, and im really happy data for the exact injectors I have were included...

looking forward to taking an advanced class sometime soon...

Advanced Tuner
    When can I get mine!!!

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Tuner
    Just got mine today. watching the DVD now. The lines are there only on viewing the computer screen and not all the time. As mentioned, probably cannot be fixed. Not bad though. Can still read everything OK. Well put together instruction. Nice to "see" what is going on, rather than just reading about it.
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI

Advanced Tuner
    You can't fix the refresh lines after the fact. You are supposed to set the monitor to a compatible rate while it is being filmed.

Guys, the lines on the screen are a result of the DVD encoding process. The whole thing was shot in HD and is crystal clear when viewed on our reference monitor prior to ripping (down) to DVD quality.

I tried using a screen capture software first where we would just edit in my exact computer screen, but it ended up being completely unusable when ripped to DVD. What you see is the only real compromise we could strike with DVD quality. If we were only to sell it in BluRay format, it would leave a lot of people out in the cold unless they've got the latest player or a PS3.

What was more important to me was getting the actual training material out there and I hope we did that clearly enough that everyone buying this can understand what's being demonstrated. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the disc and training.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you send any more dvd's to summit yet?