Thread: LS4 Tuning help

Potential Tuner

LS4 Tuning help

Hi,

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with the 5.3L V-8. I just had the transmission rebuilt with 3.29 gearing instead of the factory 2.93's. I need help tuning for the gears but I changed the vss reluctor wheel from the factory 30 tooth to a 34 tooth so the vss sensor would be spoofed. Well it wasn't... I don't feel like taking it out so any help would be great. Has anyone changed gears to 3.29's and tune thier cars? It would be great to find someone that changed the gearing then tuned thier car. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

P.S. I will be using HP Tuners to tune the car.

Quote Originally Posted by MgpEagle View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with the 5.3L V-8. I just had the transmission rebuilt with 3.29 gearing instead of the factory 2.93's. I need help tuning for the gears but I changed the vss reluctor wheel from the factory 30 tooth to a 34 tooth so the vss sensor would be spoofed. Well it wasn't... I don't feel like taking it out so any help would be great. Has anyone changed gears to 3.29's and tune thier cars? It would be great to find someone that changed the gearing then tuned thier car. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

P.S. I will be using HP Tuners to tune the car.
    Odd, all LS4's came from the factory with 3.29 differential gears. It's the ratio of the chain/sprockets on the input shaft that reduce the overall final drive ratio to 2.93.

At any rate, if you've changed the vss sensor wheel, you need to change the number of vss pulses per mile in the "speedo" tab.

In response to your PM, I can't load a copy of my tune for you to compare to. System keeps timing out.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Potential Tuner
    I am just starting out as well.....07 Grand prix gxp...and a 08 gxp....anyone want to share their tune..i got one of ls1tech...but want to keep everything open!!!