Thread: 4L65/70E 1 - 2 shift is still junk! can any one lend advice.

4L65/70E 1 - 2 shift is still junk! can any one lend advice.

like the title says, have a 4L65/70E trans on a SC'd 6.0L Sierra Denali

if you could please take a look at the current tune and offer some advice, I'd be vary grateful.

I've been tweaking it for the past 3 days (magna engine tune needed allot of work) and its still not how i'd like it.

has a weird stutter between the shift and seems like its ridding on the converter after the gear switch.

I have a log to post but i'm getting an error when i try to open it. maybe i can get it up later.

thanks!!!

Did you make the changes as I mentioned in your other thread? Your trans won't live long the way you have it set up.

Also, you have the TCC set to lock at 50mph in 2nd gear @ 87.5-100% TPS.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Did you make the changes as I mentioned in your other thread? Your trans won't live long the way you have it set up.

Also, you have the TCC set to lock at 50mph in 2nd gear @ 87.5-100% TPS.

Russ Kemp
    this is with the "stock" tables adjusted as you had advised in the last thread.

however, the "stock" tables i have are the ones from the tune that magna sent with the blower kit.

i've pulled a stock 6.0L sierra tune from the repository, however i dont know if its a AWD Denali tune. I was worried about trans differences if it wasn't.

is the TCC "locking" the cause behind the lag "per say" after the shift.

can you recommend settings for the rest of the trans, or can i use trans settings from a non-denali truck? i'm only worried about doing so because i "think" its a different trans.

thanks once again sir.

Quote Originally Posted by 06black View Post
    this is with the "stock" tables adjusted as you had advised in the last thread.

however, the "stock" tables i have are the ones from the tune that magna sent with the blower kit.

i've pulled a stock 6.0L sierra tune from the repository, however i dont know if its a AWD Denali tune. I was worried about trans differences if it wasn't.

is the TCC "locking" the cause behind the lag "per say" after the shift.

can you recommend settings for the rest of the trans, or can i use trans settings from a non-denali truck? i'm only worried about doing so because i "think" its a different trans.

thanks once again sir.

Your trans isn't any different. 65e is a 65e. Converter locking in 2nd gear will cause your problem, but only if not in the right circumstances. Try not locking at all in 2nd and see what results you get on that shift. I wouldn't lock 2nd gear unless I was making a drag pass.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0