Thread: Driving A6 with gear change without tune questions?

Potential Tuner

Driving A6 with gear change without tune questions?

Put this in trans section but I know there are gear calculators in the pcm as well.

so

I am going to get my 3.42 in to replace the 2.56 tomorrow along with a new gm converter.

My tuner is 4 hours from me and I am going 3 hours the opposite direction to get the gear in.

My plan was to get the gear in get a fast adapt done on the car and just paddle shift it until I can get it back up to my tuner.

Does anyone forsee a problem driving it with the paddleshifters, I obviously don't plan on beating on the car and if i'm shifting I don't forsee a problem other than the speedo being off?

Advanced Tuner
    Get the 3.15 ratio if you are going for a gear swap.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Get the 3.15 ratio if you are going for a gear swap.
    the 3.42 should put me 134 to 135 4th trap speed

i'm pulling 131 now, i don't think the gear will give me much more mph, so the 3.42 should be perfect

Advanced Tuner
    You will be fine, just dont go WOT. And you shouldn't really need to paddle shift, just don't go WOT like I said and the car will shift using part throttle calcs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    You will be fine, just dont go WOT. And you shouldn't really need to paddle shift, just don't go WOT like I said and the car will shift using part throttle calcs.
    someone on the corvette boards had said something about worrying about the converter locking up in lower gears with the higher mph the car would show

dan and rpm thought it should be fine since there is an output speed sensor unlike the a4's

Advanced Tuner
    Even if that is true I can't imagine it doing anything in such a short amount of time. You can always tow it if your really worried.