Thread: Changed a couple section names

Changed a couple section names

GM OBD-II Hardware
    to
    GM OBD-II PCM's - LS1, L67, L36

GM OBD-I Hardware
    to
    GM OBD-I PCM's - LT1

I don't know all the engins that fall under each catagory so I will need help here.. let me know what I need to add to the list.

The LT1 is a good example of why I did this. 96 and 97 LT1's are obd-II.. yet they still use dual 68HC11 processors. It is still very similar to the OBD-I setup.

What do you guys think of these changes?

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: Changed a couple section names

that might scare off some who dont realize theres other stuff in there.. for example. i'm working on a 2.2 4cyl yet my info is under LT1. And the 2.3-2.4 and Ecotec will all be under the other. And with so many sites already catering to v8 PCM's its kind of nice coming here with people working on non-standard performance projects. Like 4 bangers, Caddy's, v6 and unusual v8 swaps.
    Might work better as sub sections or you could end up making a huge list to try to include everything.
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Whats the code for your motor? I could add that to the list..

I would like to get many of the more known engins up in the list so users can easily see which section they should be reading..

Regarding the V8 sites, I have yet to see one as in depth as this.. I was hoping the intelectual persons from those sites would come over here and post.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

looked all over the net for about 3hrs.. i cannot find anything other than the VIN code '4' referencing it.
    Haynes doesnt have it and the internal GM site only has online stuff back to 98.

Any ideas on how to find the designation? 93 2.2

or maybe just list the engine sizes and years?

or possibly list by PCM ID #? like 16134847
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.