Thread: A Question..

A Question..

Do you want to keep this as a technical board or should the general public know about it. It would seem a better idea to keep it to people on the list or with some know-how rather than a general free-for-all. Or perhaps there could be some hidden forums for geek-speak and a few visible to anyone.
    Just curious cuz I get about 15 emails a day about relocating the IAT sensor for 20 extra hp. And that gets old quick.. lol :P
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: A Question..

Very good question.

I know there are a lot of OBDII lurkers on the list.. I would hope that they could find a home here. There are many knowledgable members on the list and without knowledgable members on this board, it wont be moving to far.

I do want this board to be public knowledge.. I Hope we can gather as much technical information about the OBD-II specifics here as well as gather a bunch of knowledgable people.

One thing I am worried about is people out there to make $$$ off of what we share. Because of this in the future some of the forums will most likely be member restricted.

I would like to keep the knowledge and conversations found on this board on a very high technical level. No posts about IAT or SES lights.

I am but one man though. It's up to the members to decide what should and shouldn't happen here. I'm all for user input.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

cool..
    one suggestion though.. maybe an area for us older code hackers.. since the theory is the same it would be relevant to OBDII coding. You could just do 1 forum for EPROM stuff so those who dont know how to flash and erase and all that can exchange ideas too.
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

How do you suggest I incorporate it?

I already have a Flash File hacking part.. which will deal with reading/writing and editing of the flash files..

Ok I did some work, what do you think? Check out the main board page.

i am in forum burnout.. what did you change? ;D

I added 2 OBD-I forums

ahh.. i see it now... you pretty good at perl?

oooOOOoooOOO.. i know something that may be handy in the future.. maybe a chat client for instant help

To add forums I don't have to modify the perl, but yes I am.

I'm not very familiar with OBD-I so I might call the forums the wrong name. I don't even know what to add, but if you think it will work then we can try.

I think we will put off on client chat until we get some clients.

- Keith

oh yea.. also after you post and it goes to your last.. look at the bottom.. where theres a forum list to go to.. it needs a 'go' button to take you to the forum your posting in.. like to lounge in this one..

you got AIM?

I'll look into that.

I have AIM.. I added you to my list but I dont' see you online.. I'll e-mail you my ID

Tuner in Training

As far as user input goes I beleive that the board and what is available should be widely spread. One of the things I see most with people making money off of the "Chipping" trade is that most do not know what there options are and where support can be found.

I think real people with real question should be able to get real answers instead of being left to those that will tell them that they can not do it or it costs too much to do it yourself but I can hook you up for a few dollars. After having played with a couple of cars I was convinced that anyone selling a chip through the mail is handing out empty promises.

I am not asking you to make this a what wax is best forum. Believe me when I say there are plenty of those out there but I do think that allowing anyone to register and participate in on topic dialog is important. I do however think that it is important to figure out how to restrict access to those that beleive that what you give them is now theirs. I think what is given is given to all and to pretend that you are somehow worthy of being paid for information someone gave you is sad.

Well

rant off

John

remember those who steal are stuck with what they get.. true innovators are constantly changing and evolve to what the situation requires..
    thieves and those who buy their wares get what they deserve.

Tuner in Training

How are ya guys?, I believe that this forum should be just for general inquiries. But anyways, my question is: I've got a 1995 z24 2.3L chevy cav. What computer do I have in it. I know, Iknow :-[ , really embarressing. I don't even know exactly what comp. I have . Sorry for such a basic question.

its one of these:

Application: 1994-95 2.2 L4 PFI “4” LN2
    1994 2.3 DOHC L4 PFI “A” LG0
    1994 2.3 DOHC L4 PFI “3” L40
    1995 2.3 DOHC L4 PFI “D” LD2
    MEMCAL IDs: “4”: BJCA, …
    “A”: …
    “3”: …
    “D”: …
    EPROM type: 27C512

hope that helps some...

Tuner in Training

Hey Robogeek, thanks for responding so quick. I have a buddy of mine that is a 3rd year engineering student at a a local college and let me tell you, he is extremely intelligent. I'll just give you an example (to me, this was very impressive, maybe not to you guys though) my buddy took an old computer from a audi quatro and made it into a seperate fuel and timing module for his car. He has a 1991 audi quatro 2.3L 5 cyl. extremely tricked out pushing over 300 hp, and dynoed also. His computer module works like a stand alone. But anyways enough about him. The one thing I was wondering was, with my car 2.3 95 quad engine, is it possible to do the same thing as he did???, or if I gave him my chip in my computer and let him look at the values, do you think it is possible to make that chip and computer turbo complient????? Please mail me back, I don't feel like buying a stand alone Greddy, or Tec II. Please help me out. Thanks