Thread: fuel injector balance test,

Tuner

fuel injector balance test,

Would like to see function to do fuel injector balance test. I think this is a function on the Tech 2. hook up a fuel pressure gauge, prime pump, then pulse injector for a set period of time. write down fuel pressure before and after for all 8 injectors, then compare the differences.

Is this somthing that can be added? This would be a key on engine off test. The tech 2 limits you to only pulsing each injector one cycle unless you start the engine...to prevent flooding.

Senior Tuner
    I would like to second that motion! Far more useful in certain situations than the power balance test.
    Jaime

Tuner
    I've requested this before as well as others. Most of us would love having this tool!!!

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...light=injector
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Senior Tuner
    What engine do you want to do that with...my VCM scanner (newer beta) has an injector balance test...it's done with the engine running, you take over control of the IAC and bring the RPM up, then it says it's ready, and you tell it to begin, it cuts injectors 1 at a time and monitors the RPM change.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    What engine do you want to do that with...my VCM scanner (newer beta) has an injector balance test...it's done with the engine running, you take over control of the IAC and bring the RPM up, then it says it's ready, and you tell it to begin, it cuts injectors 1 at a time and monitors the RPM change.
    sounds like the feature we already have.... I'd like to control the injector being cut, and the length of time the injector is disabled...
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Its in there for the standard 2.22........Its called a balance test.