Thread: Need help! l67 tuning (updated with new scan/bin)

Tuner in Training

Need help! l67 tuning (updated with new scan/bin)

hey all

i purchased the hptuners maybe a month or so ago, previous to hptuners i was just using autotap and a mini afc to tune my car.. im still learning this software, and im having some problems figuring out what is going on. i have a recent short scan, and my current bin uploaded, if that helps, please look at it and advise/yell at me for my fubar tuning :

http://never0101.home.comcast.net/tune.zip

ANYWAY, my main issue is im running pretty lean @ wot, on that scan, my o2's were up around 900-930. when i hit 940 o2s, my kr goes away , and my car is happy (i had o2's in the 940's or so when i was tuning with AFC, thats where my car seems to like them, i have no wideband yet.)

on that tune, i scaled my maf table i belive it was 10% (afc style tricking) but i dont want to keep it that way. without the maf scaled, i was getting <900 o2's and alot more kr.

another issue that i see, is my IPW are through the roof! if you look at the bin, my PE AFR is ridiculously rich, but my car still isnt getting rich, so im thinking im missing something, or there is a table im neglecting.

so my basic problems are : car STILL running lean, i dont like my maf table scaled, and IPW are going through the roof. looking at the numbers, they are more than maxed

SO, please take a look at the scan/bin file, any help would rock. i dont like my car tuned how it is, with AFC, i had everything good with 0kr and much lower IPW.. thanks for ANY help !!

(my mods, incase people want them: PEM's, 3.4, 3" R/T downpipe, 1.9 rockers, msp intake, 104's , 180stat, etc)
    2002 GTP Coupe
    s1x - togs - 3.2 - 3.29's - 3250 stall - HPTuned - 13.0@104
    Connecticut Club Grand Prix

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Need help! l67 tuning =)

my car was running ~10.0:1 at wot before i put a tune in my car yet my o2's havent changed lol so you really cant go by that...and btw my commanded was in the 9.0:1 range. I'll take a look at your tune zip when i get home. fwiw my injectors are maxed out too with just a catback and pulley so its very possible. If you want to do wot tuning get access to a wideband.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Your car is going lean because your injectors are going static at 4800 rpms. Use this formula:

120,000 / Inj Pulse width (in ms) = RPM at 100% duty cycle.

Looking at your log file, you are at about 25 ms most of the upper end of the run. Plug 25 ms in the formula and it gives you 4800 rpms.

Notice your O2 voltage maxes out (rich) at 946 mv at 4874 rpms. From that point on it drops (goes lean) steadily all the way down to 916-920 mv at 5624 rpms where you get off the gas.

You need bigger injectors.

2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training

I think you might have a fuel issue going on here. I would check fuel pressure and make sure you have good volume as for looking at your mods there is no way you should need larger injectors yet. I think you have fuel pump on its way out or a clog in the system somewere (filter...etc). There are many people out there running 2.8's and 3.0's on stock injectors. Unless you have an 04 then thats another story.

Tuner in Training

yep, i came to the conclusion of some sort of fuel related issue going on..

i shouldnt be anywhere near maxing out injectors yet. (car is a 02)

i put in a new fuel filter on sunday, that did nothing, fuel pressure, at least @ idle and reving it (not in gear/driving, dont have a long enough line for my guage to see it while driving) is fine, im thinking the fuel pump might just be weak , or on its way out? only has 17k miles but i suppose its definalty a possiblilty.

thanks for the replys
    2002 GTP Coupe

Tuner in Training

updated bin+scan log from today -

http://never0101.home.comcast.net/newtune.zip

still running lean, IPW lower than before, but still high (lower ipw but also running leaner than previous scan.)

so yeah, i hate my car

i guess im gonna look into any kinda common GP fueling issues/bad pumps/etc. cuz it looks like thats where my troubles are, not in the tune itself
    2002 GTP Coupe

Tuner in Training

Re: Need help! l67 tuning (updated with new scan/b

Well you should look into that fuel pump resistor we've seen those cause a lot of problems on these cars. For you gauge for fuel psi to similuate wot fuel pressure just pull the vacuum line you should see about 53psi or so depending on how you gauge reads.

Tuner in Training

if thats the case (about pulling the vacuum line) then its fine, we did that when we checked, and it was somewhere in the area of 50-55.. i'll check on the resistor, thanks
    2002 GTP Coupe

Tuner in Training

it could also be an unmetered air lead some were too. something else to keep in mind.