Thread: Is there any OBD-I interest?

Is there any OBD-I interest?

If there is OBD-I interest, I will keep and add to the current OBD-I section...

However I am not an OBD-I guru and am unaware of much of the OBD-I specifics.

I am more OBD-II guy.

Anybody interested?

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Re: Is there any OBD-I interest?

Hi

I have interest in the obd1 section. I am currently working on the early northstar stuff. I am interested in finding out what all makes it work. I have quite a bit done but with 2 512K chips I imagine I will be working on it for a while.

John

good deal.. how early of northstar??
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

I'm kinda interested in OBDI PCM's with flash memory such as that on my '94 Camaro.

Thats all I needed to hear.. OBD-I will stay.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

cool.. i will try to watch that and answer what i can.. ;D
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

good deal.. how early of northstar??

Mine is a 93. The 93-95 northstars all use the same computer(service numbers are upgrades) and same basic program.

John

I'm also interesed in the OBD1 since I'm trying to wire a WB to it and also try to change the drivers to power low z injectors...

Hey Jose,

Try LJ for his Impedance conversion box for the injectors. Plug and play. http://www.acceleronics.com - IMO, don't bother trying to swap *inside* the PCM. LJ has the right approach there. I seem to recall that Mike Licht tried the inside-the-PCM solution, and had trouble with it and decided it wasn't worth it.

As for the WB, you might try and take the approach of leaving the stock O2's on there, but wire the WB sensor in to the Oil Temperature input on the PCM. It's unused on the F-bodies, but I am pretty sure it does register in the datastream. Log it using something like TTS Datamaster, and then you can convert it to a real AFR reading via a spreadsheet calculation.

-Andrew