Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 95 quad 4 bin file, I have it

Tuner in Training

95 quad 4 bin file, I have it

I have the bin file and have been given permission to let it out. My only problem is that I don't know how to post the link or file to this board, or if you guys want it, just shoot me an e mail. I know Robo is interested ;D

Re: 95 quad 4 bin file, I have it

e-mail sent.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

The bin has been sent.
    Actually, I was hoping that somebody can help me with this file. I have the 95 quad 4 engine in my cavalier that I have turbocharged and I am trying to defer all of the bin info. My problem is that I don't know how to read it and neither does my friend. He is the one that got the bin for me, but he also doesn't know where in the bin where everything is exactly ie, fuel table, ignition, map etc.
    My question to you guys, can somebody brake this bin up for me so that I can put it in an excel style format, that way I can reprogram my ecu whenever I want??????

Tuner in Training

Can anybody help me out with this bin file??
    Thanks.

Tuner in Training

Can somebody help me turn this bin file into an excel file for me ?, please. :-/
    Thanks.

i dunno if it could be turned into an excel file.. what would you do with it?

This is used on 68HC11?

Tuner in Training

Well, my 95 cavalier quad 4 is turbocharged and there aren't any companies out there that have a chip for my car for forced induction setups. But I have a friend of mine that has a burner for the 68hc11 chips, but he doesn't know where on the table of values where everything is, so if I can get that bin file in an excel style format, then my friend and I can modify the values accordingly without guessing where everything is. Magnus, can you help with this ??

We've mostly been doing it with Hex Workshop and things like that. Finding the tables and figuring out what they do is pretty complex. If you follow the code you can figure some out by what it does in the program by what calls the table etc.

Hex Workshop will put the file in a format where you can ID the tables. You'll have to figure out what they do still though.
    If Lynoise is still around he was working on some stuff to locate tables in a bin file - very handy!

I'll take a look at your file and see if I can ID anything.. but its real hard trying to crack code without using the car to generate some files for comparison.

I found my spark tables the hard way. I tweaked a table, then looked at the timing with a digital timing light. I got lucky - the 3rd table or so I tried was the timing tables. I also got lucky in that I didnt blow my motor. Not knowing the values to put in.. I used some values from the middle of the table in the beginning of the table - I ended up with 22ยบ of timing at idle! :
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Hacking GM code is probably not for the weak at heart, but if one is willing to invest the considerable amount of time involved, it can be accomplished.

I believe that the program ID for the 95 Quad 4 is $36 (program ID located at $3008 ). A commented disassembly of this binary would be a big advantage, but I have not seen any work done on it to date. A good approach would be to find a commented disassembly of a similar program ID that is well known, and use it for a sort of map comparison to help identify the constants and tables. The GM code used for motors that are very similar will typicall not vary much if the manufacture dates of the vehicles are also close. Many times the addressing is simply offset somewhat due to additional sections being inserted, so this map comparison technique can be quite useful.
    The 87-88 2.0 OHC L4 PFI turbo binary is very well known, and the following link may be of at least some value as a reference:
    $58 Documentation and Disassembly

If one has the ability to view the actual table data as the addressing is changed in real time, it makes it much easier to isolate the individual tables. Excel does not provide capability such as this, nor does the common hex editor. The software that I developed does provide this capability, along with many other valuable features.

The definition files (.pcm) available on my website were all developed using the GMPCM software. The Australian Holden files were contributed by a valuable project member, and I created the rest. Many of these have over 800 areas defined, which equates to hundreds of hours worth of work.

GMPCM Website

The ability to read and flash an OBDII PCM will only become useful once definition files for these binaries have been developed. Without tools such as GMPCM, you can bet that developing these definition files with any appreciable degree of precision would be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Alright! I FINALLY got your software to download!!
    I'll play around with it when I wake up some ;D
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Mechanic, thank you for the info. Although I must have to tell you now, that I am one of the weak hearted to approach the bin file. I am a mechanical type of instead of an electrically inclined someone. I am very new to this all and am still trying to learn how to use winhex. I know, that is extreme basics. I am trying.
    Robo, help me out. Thanks to all....and please help me to understand how I can learn also.
    Thanks

I too agree that it looked a little off.

Tuner in Training

Magnus and Robo, my friend used the local colleges automotive chip reprogrammer/reader to get the file. Robo, as for d/I'd, I am not too sure about the terminology, but if you are wondering if it came right from the chip, yes. The eprom was taken out of the ecm and then read at the college.

Tuner in Training

I talked to my friend there and he was saying that he actually took the chip, put it into the computer board and got all the info.

it was pulled off the chip ok.. but the code is wierd.
    its a 95 which is a combo of OBDI and OBDII DTC's.. but some of that seems to be missing..
    I cant get any disasembler to run on it yet..

I have found tables and such in it.. but what they are I have no idea since I cant backtrace them through the rest of the program.

I'm really tempted to say thats an aftermarket chip from a 94 just from the missing stuff.
    I'm not sure of size differences from 94 to 95.. but your file seems small..

I'm not an expert in the code part though.. maybe somebody else has some better input?

Tuner in Training

Damn, I don't know how else to do this. Well, going back to when I bought it from the dealer (the eprom), that is about it. I don't have a reader :-/ , and I wish I did, and I don't know where to get one or how to use it......man, I am so basic!! Anyway, If you have any other suggestions Robo or Magnus, I am wide open to them.

Do you have a VIN for this file?

Tuner in Training

Magnus, I'm not too sure what you mean about VIN for the file, VIN as in vehicle ident. number?? Once again, I am sorry, please bear with me, I know I am very basic :-/ . Man, I really want this to work, not only for me but for everybody.

a VIN for a vehicle that this code can be found on.. I can try and look the source up and compare.

Tuner in Training

Magnus you have mail.