Thread: need fuel

Tuner in Training

need fuel

my ltft and stft are both 19.5 . how do i change to get more fuel.
    2000 pontiac firebird a4: whisper lid, !maf, ls6 springs & retainers,manley pushrods,tci ssf 3200, 3.42 lsd,Ta girdle,gt2cam,fan switch, lca,stb. installed and tuned by Texas speed & perfomance

Advanced Tuner

Re: need fuel

Are you sure that you have a calibration problem?

If your really needing that much extra fuel I would think you are lacking fuel pressure or have major vacum leaks or REALLY big cam shaft :-*

If your trims are +19 all over then you could just select your entire maf table and scale (multiply) by say 1.1 (that should add 10% across the board)
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

the cam isnt to big .507/.507 111

fuel pressusre is good. no vacum leaks that i know of.
    2000 pontiac firebird a4: whisper lid, !maf, ls6 springs & retainers,manley pushrods,tci ssf 3200, 3.42 lsd,Ta girdle,gt2cam,fan switch, lca,stb. installed and tuned by Texas speed & perfomance

Tuner in Training

just finish logging and i hit 39.8 ltft bank1 . both stft were at 0.

i know cyl 5 is stuck open. im looking for some used gtp injectors to sort issues out.

Advanced Tuner

What are your injector pulse width running at?

you may need larger injectors, i think 8 or 9 milliseconds is about maxed out.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Tuner in Training

i know i have seen up to 10 but ill watch the playback and let you know.

Tuner in Training

ok here we go.

ltft and stft are 19.5 all the time.
    injector pw are ok during part throttle. any thing over 50% the pw goes 20-25.

so my injectors are maxed out and i need to adjust some things.

help please.

Any cars injectors max out at 20 ms @ 6000 rpms. That is 100% duty cycle and you want to stay bellow 80% to 90%. Sounds like yours are maxed out. Mine too are maxed out so I got a set of used 36# GTP injectors. I went to install them but the electrical conectors are different. My car has Delphi injectors and they use different plugs. I ordered a set of connectors from ZZ Performance. I will need to cut and splice them into my wiring harness. Not all f-bodies have the Delphi injectors, you might luck out.

Pull off one of your injector plugs. If the male connectors in the injector are wide and flat, the GTP injectors will match right up. If the male connectors are pins, you will need the addapters.

I got the injectors off a guy on clubgp.com. I paid $50 but the prices range from $50-$75 for 6. As I said before, the connectors (if needed) you can get from zzperformance.com. They were about $45.

Hope that answers your question
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training

i need the connectors also. i have some 28.8injectors that i got from TSP.

yours maxed out on the juice. mine maxed out on motor.

Mine maxed out N/A. I use a wet shot so the injectrs don't even use the injectors. My injectors go static at 5300 rpms.

i called ZZP and they do not have the adapters with plugs on both ends. They are sending be the Bosch style plugs and I will have to cut and solder. I will let you know how it goes.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

arthansen, I just noticed on mine, since I read your post, they are at 28ms at 6000 rpms, then go up to 31ms. I am also running a fmu. I'm thinking I need bigger injectors. I was going to wait a little while before putting in some bigger injectors and ditching the fmu but I think I might do it sooner. You think 36lbs are enough? I going to the dyno Wed. so I see what kind of #'s I'm making. Also the guys at the dyno shop said they would help me do the tuning. They mostly work with Ls1's but they said mine shouldn't be a problem.
    1996 Camaro 3.8 M5 to A4 conversion, VS cam, 3" exhaust, 9:5.1 forged pistons, Clev.77 bearings, Comp 130lb springs/.105 pushrods, Manely modded retainers, Walbro 255, PLX wideband,65lb injectors, Every Suspesion mod. alot of other mods- GT35R Turbo.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2441235
    2008 Silverado LTZ 6.0 L76 Dynomax exhaust K&N intake

Tuner in Training

my fault art. i thought that was a juice graph.

if u pick u the march issue of Hot Rod mag. the new ls7 uses the same style injectors that we have. pg 107. they are 36 lb. if we can find some it would solve our problems.

Damn, they would be perfect. I have the GTP injectors and the connectors are on the way but I really do not want to cut into my wiring harness. New, those injectors will cost $400 for 6. I will not wait until some rich guy buys an 2006 ZO6 and figures 500 hp is not enough.

God I wish I was a rich guy who buys a new 2006 ZO6 and thinks 500 hp is not enough!
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Advanced Tuner

I got some gtp injectors too..

I guess i will test the connectors before i bother get them serviced.

rofl.. well you all know what they say about the best laid plans..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune