Thread: possible to get close till i get my wideband?

possible to get close till i get my wideband?

possible to get my car tuned CLOSE (safe) till i get my wideband to tune in it right? anyone wanna help me out?

The car seems weak! seemed to run better with just boltons?!? and the trans keeps hitting the limmiter, so i have to let out!

car info:

1998 Trans am 346ci
    stock 241 heads (unmilled)
    ls6 intake
    pp tb
    Pat G custom grind cam 227/231 .614 .617 112+2
    7.45" hardened pushrods
    PRC Dual .660 lift springs
    stock bottom end
    stock 28.8lb injectors
    stock 323 10 bolt
    stock 4l60E
    PI Vigilante 3600 stall (stalls around 4000)
    stock wheels and tires (loaded radius seems to be around 11.75-11.875)

any help would be greatly appreciated.... what would you change on my tune that i can do without a wideband to get the car running safely?

I did a drive around and like 2 WOT (i know it cant be good on the car untuned) to show whats going on but i know its really not any help without a wideband....

thanks,

Blaine

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

my histogram after doing a run says -64 timimg advance WTF?!!!

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

got the tranny issue fixed aparently my gears have been changed to 3.42.... that would explain the shifting problems... LMAO

Does anyone have a setup similar to mine i can use for now???? And yes i searched the repository and yes i have been reading and yes i know how to use the search! lmao, just new to this and looking for some help.

Thanks,

Blaine

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_ls1 View Post
    Does anyone have a setup similar to mine i can use for now???? And yes i searched the repository and yes i have been reading and yes i know how to use the search! lmao, just new to this and looking for some help.

Thanks,

Blaine
    You aren't going to find too many people that will send you there tune. Thats atleast what I found out when I was first starting. You have to learn. Take your time.

You have to have the table open when you log or you get what happens to your log, nothing.
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    You aren't going to find too many people that will send you there tune. Thats atleast what I found out when I was first starting. You have to learn. Take your time.

You have to have the table open when you log or you get what happens to your log, nothing.
    ok i didn't know it had to be open while logging that'll help.....

Tuner in Training
    I'm woundering the same thing. Can we get the air/fuel close without a wideband?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekracing View Post
    I'm woundering the same thing. Can we get the air/fuel close without a wideband?
    NO! I have seen the stock narrowband sensors read the same mv readings at a different afr for instance I have seen narrowbands reading 890 mv and the afr was at 11.5 which is not exactly ideal for a naturally aspirated engine and on a different car at around 890 mv was at 12.5 afr so it's a guessing game.

Plain and simple stock narrowbands are accurate at around stoich period besides that forget it.

Besides for the price of a decent budget wideband like the NGK which is pretty damn accurate for $300-$400 you can just hook up the wideband and tune everything from idle-part throttle-WOT all at once and do it right.
    2017 Silverado LTZ