Thread: Russ K, can you help?

Tuner in Training

Russ K, can you help?

Russ,

I have a 98 Trans Am WS6 with a bunch of bolt on's, cam, Fast 92mm Intake, Yank 3600 Stall, Moser 12 Bolt with 373 gears, etc.

I live in Michigan and had all of the work done just outside Chicago. It seems like the tuner really did a number on my trans tuning. (2-3 Shift Clunk Problems & 2-3 Shift hit Rev Limiter) I had a guy look at the tune at the track and he basically told me the tune was exceeding the capabilities of the trans. I do not feel I can trust this tuner now and am very new to HP Tuners.

Would you be willing to assist? I have attached the tune he sent me home on as well as one that a guy at the track adjusted some of the trans settings so as he stated I would not blow out the trans on my way home. The lowered line pressure seems to help with the 2-3 clunk and I also lowered the 2-3 shift rpm down 100 so it would not hit the rev limiter 3 out of 5 runs. Let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.Attachment 17614

Attachment 17615

Thanks,

Jason

Need to know the rear tire size & desired WOT shift RPM. Post your stock tune.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mz6j3y View Post
    Russ,

I have a 98 Trans Am WS6 with a bunch of bolt on's, cam, Fast 92mm Intake, Yank 3600 Stall, Moser 12 Bolt with 373 gears, etc.

I live in Michigan and had all of the work done just outside Chicago. It seems like the tuner really did a number on my trans tuning. (2-3 Shift Clunk Problems & 2-3 Shift hit Rev Limiter) I had a guy look at the tune at the track and he basically told me the tune was exceeding the capabilities of the trans. I do not feel I can trust this tuner now and am very new to HP Tuners.

Would you be willing to assist? I have attached the tune he sent me home on as well as one that a guy at the track adjusted some of the trans settings so as he stated I would not blow out the trans on my way home. The lowered line pressure seems to help with the 2-3 clunk and I also lowered the 2-3 shift rpm down 100 so it would not hit the rev limiter 3 out of 5 runs. Let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.Attachment 17614

Attachment 17615

Thanks,

Jason

Off topic here. Just curious where at in Michigan do you live?
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner in Training
    Russ,

I have 315/35/17 tires and the below WOT shift points.
    1-2 = 6500rpm
    2-3 = 6400rpm

Not sure what the 3-4 shift is set at. I will have to look. Also, I do not have the stock tune. The Tuner never gave me the file. Thanks for all of your help.

Jason

Tuner in Training
    Klug's SS,

I live just outside Grand Rapids.

Jason

Try this trans tune. You have way too much WOT spark timing! The knock sensors were disabled above 3600 rpm, I set them back to stock.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Russ,

Anyway you can call me or I can call you to further discuss? My cell phone # is 517-204-9028.

Thanks for all of your help, I am just a little nervous when it comes to making changes.

Thanks,

Jason

Tuner in Training
    Russ,

I am unable to open the file, it states that the Index was outside the bound of the array? Let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Jason

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mz6j3y View Post
    Russ,

I am unable to open the file, it states that the Index was outside the bound of the array? Let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Jason
    That is because he is using the latest BETA. Email support with your serial number, and they will give you a copy so you can open it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info, I emailed support.

Tuner in Training
    Russ,

I downloaded the BETA Version and I am able to load the tune file now. Thanks for all of your help, it looks like you made allot of changes.

Any way we can discuss some of the changes you made? I am too new to tuning and HP tuners to understand all the changes and want to feel confortable downloading the new tune file to my car. Let me know when you have a chance. My cell # is 517-204-9038.

Thanks,

Jason