Thread: Harsh 1-2 shift (4l80 segment swapped)

Advanced Tuner

Harsh 1-2 shift (4l80 segment swapped)

I am having trouble tuning out a harsh 1-2 part throttle shift. The PCM commands 96% at low torque. See tune and log.

Advanced Tuner
    Tried another tune......no dice

Advanced Tuner
    TTT........ anyone

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Possibly the shift pressure for the 1-2 shift being set to 150psi is doing it?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah but not till about 250 ft lbs...... I have it set to 0 up until then. Any other thoughts?It seems to follow the table at WOT (it commanded 1.05 A once... Oops) but doesnt seem to do anything at very low input tq.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Possibly the shift pressure for the 1-2 shift being set to 150psi is doing it?
    Yeah, that was it. I guess that table doesn't work as intuitively as it seems.....EC_TUNE said the same thing.

Thanks!

Yep that table is an adder to the base pressure table. So if you have just enough pressure to keep the trans happy but want a snappy shift you can play with the Upshift Adder tables. Enjoy!
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Yep that table is an adder to the base pressure table. So if you have just enough pressure to keep the trans happy but want a snappy shift you can play with the Upshift Adder tables. Enjoy!
    It was weird since I was commanding -96 in the adder tables and 0 in the base table (at lower torque) but yet it would still go up to 90 for the shift.

Advanced Tuner
    TTT on this one. I think the 1>2 upshift pressure modifier vs trans temp vs tq is backwards. I think the tq and temp need to be swapped. If so, I was commanding 96 with the adder table also, since the trans temp was normal operating temp (~160ish). I will test this again today.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep I thinkthis is the case. I softened up the 1-2 as if the tables were swapped and it was softer.