Thread: Hard shifts after cam install? A6

Hard shifts after cam install? A6

I know line pressure plays alot with what the MAF commands, especially on the newer PCMs....

Any idea's if just installing the cam would result in harder shifts? Even when I'm at neutral and shift to drive, it clunks reallly hard... something thats just happened...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    I know line pressure plays alot with what the MAF commands, especially on the newer PCMs....

Any idea's if just installing the cam would result in harder shifts? Even when I'm at neutral and shift to drive, it clunks reallly hard... something thats just happened...
    Run the VIN# on your truck and see if it has had all it's updates done to the tranny and TCM. Clunking is a TSB. Probably just coincidence that it started after the install.

How is that cam working for you???

Check VIN at http/ tis2web.service.gm.com
    Last edited by midevil1; 05-03-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: website
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

running into a few problems with the phaser kit... idle kicks of with 3/4 oil pressure, drive it round for a while then it goes back to the norm....

spoke with mast and was told it might be due to the pressure of the 918s, and maybe the phaser kit i used is not fit for the cam...

will be ordering the new parts from mast that should hopefully sort things out..

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram