Thread: 4 credits?

4 credits?

im trying to tune my 2005 mustang gt. it says i need 4 credits to license the vehicle when on supported vehicle list from hp tuners, it says 2. this is bs. anyone have info? thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

im assuming you work for hptuners? if so can you give me the download. im trying to tune this car today so i kinda need it asap. thanks.

i need to get this car tuned today. i sent the email like 5 hours ago. i need that upgrade now. y cant u respond or give me the download?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've responded to all of my emails today, if you still haven't received a response please email me directly at bill at hptuners.com with your serial number & a link to this thread and I'll upload it to your customer page.

jason responded and got me the beta version shortly after my last post, but thank you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ahh ok, sounds like you emailed sales or our sales manager. For all support related issues email support for your fastest response times.

man i wish i knew this before =( i payed 200 to tune my car =((

Senior Tuner
    Honestly, I think HPT should credit anyone back 2 credits that actually purchased 4 credits on the non-beta after the beta was introduced. It's only right/fair, otherwise you're applying 2 different pricing standards at the same time for the same product (which I don't even think is legal). I could completely understand you lowering your credit requirements, BUT not during the beta deployment while a previous version is still the main download, yet rather only after the beta is released as a stable version.
    Last edited by RWTD; 08-16-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Honestly, I think HPT should credit anyone back 2 credits that actually purchased 4 credits on the non-beta after the beta was introduced. It's only right/fair, otherwise you're applying 2 different pricing standards at the same time for the same product (which I don't even think is legal). I could completely understand you lowering your credit requirements, BUT not during the beta deployment while a previous version is still the main download, yet rather only after the beta is released as a stable version.
    To be clear HP Tuners has a single pricing structure for licensing vehicles. It is here: http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

If the software is charging you anything different, or you feel that there is an error in the licensing process, do as stated under the flashing red !!!ATTENTION!!! and contact us before licensing the vehicles, because it’s not refundable.

With regard to reimbursement, this is not something that we can implement. Determining who does, and who doesn’t qualify is not possible. Besides, the upgrade credit system comes into play here. If there is a loss, for not paying attention to the flashing red !!!ATTENTION!!! and the credit price, it’s offset greatly with the ability to upgrade to the year model license.

With that said, we understand your point regarding the handling of the price drop for the Fords and want to share our rationale. We faced a decision, lower prices now, or wait until the next public release; an unknown date. We opted to lower prices now, for the benefit of our customers and to be more competitive in the marketplace. In the future, we will consider the confusion generated by releasing a price change in a Beta as opposed to a public release.

Thank you for the input,
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Senior Tuner
    I understand, and thank you for explaining.

How about HPT send out informational newsletters to all of your customers informing them of such changes? I think that would also be great for business in multiple means.

Thanks Jay!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

yeah... the red attention sign never made it to me before i licensed my vehicle. that would have been nice to have a news letter.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    yeah... the red attention sign never made it to me before i licensed my vehicle. that would have been nice to have a news letter.
    The red attention sign is ON the licensing screen

Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-17-2009 at 11:17 PM.