Thread: TCM segment question

Advanced Tuner

TCM segment question

If I use someone elses tune - 2wd instead of 4wd - in my TCM, will HPTuners allow me to change the segments?

Segment 2 (system I believe) is the only difference between these two vehicles (both 08 GM w/5.3 and 4l60e). OS and the other segments have the same part numbers.

THoughts?

You can not change segments like the Gen III trucks as the segments are OS specific and do not transfer at all. The only choice you have is to flash the TCM with the trans cal of your choice.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    You can not change segments like the Gen III trucks as the segments are OS specific and do not transfer at all. The only choice you have is to flash the TCM with the trans cal of your choice.
    So if say I put his 2wd tune into my 4wd ECM/TCM, will this change the calibration files?

My issue is I have no WOT/partial shifting going on. I cahnge the shift poitns all over the place and the trans does what it wants. I've found other threads on other boards where people were having the same issues and were able to solve it with a different model tune, to some extent. They have other issues goign on that I don't believe I will because of how I did my conversion compared to theirs.

So I know the 4wd tune is looking for the TCCM in the TC, which I don't have. So I'm hoping that putting a 2wd tune in there will fix it.

Advanced Tuner
    WOOT! Success. Well, at least so far as I've only driven it once. The only sucky part is I just burned 2 credits. But if that's what I had to do to make it work, then I'm happy.