Thread: Raw bin files

Advanced Tuner

Raw bin files

Are the old hptuners bin files (upto v1.7) really raw bin files. i bought a new pcm and pulled off the flash chip and read it in my eprom writer. The file i got couldnt be opened with hptuners v2 or v1.7. i compared the eprom bin file to the one i read from the pcm with hptuners flash v1.7 and they are totally different

The reason i ask is im tring to fix a broken pcm i have and want to know which file to write to the flash chip
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Re: Raw bin files

yes they are. check your eeprom reader as sometimes they read the words in little endian format. ie. every 2nd byte is swapped.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

thanks chris ill check that and try again

in my eprom program i have an option which is "Check Type" and i can either select "16bit add" or "32 bit crc" do you know what this needs to be set as?
    im thinking it has something to do with the checksum

if its not to much trouble can you look at my eprom program and tell me how to have the settings

you can get it from

http://www.willem.org/ZIP/epr097g.zip
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner

update...

i finally got communication back with my pcm

i loaded my stock bin file into eprom program and selected the swap byte option and now all is kind of ok

i can read from pcm and save tune with no problems

When i try to write to pcm i get an error on stage 5. Writing Calibration, i get the following message "Mode 1 erase failed - check 1 failed"

any ideas

could it be because im not using the normal flash chip? i bought a couple off the internet. chip in pcm now is a intel flash ab28f400b5 b80

Chris thanks heaps for all your help with my pcm, i really appricate it

ronny

Advanced Tuner

final update. yea everything if working 100% ;D ;D ;D ;D

i was communicating with pcm with home made bench harness and my battery pack was low on power. After recharging it all night i thought id try again today and i was able to read, write scan and run the car

god it ONLY took me 4 weeks to fix but if it happens again i sure i could do it in like an hour.

Guys just a word of warning get a spare pcm. before my pcm shit itself i had done over 500 flashes with no problems. then one day after writing calibration only to pcm car wounldnt star and i couldnt communicate with pcm

If i didnt have a spare pcm id be up shit creek without a paddle and no arms

thanks for everyone who gave me advice especialy chris

Ronny