Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OBD-II Flash File Database

OBD-II Flash File Database

Hey Guys, in a few days I'll be posting some flash files for the 3800's and perhaps LS1's.. I'll be updating the main page: with the database format as well....

Hopefully in time we can have a nice collection of flash files.

I'll also be taking pictures soon of how you can read/write/copy your PCM with an EMP-20... and where you can pick up such a device..

And for those of you who don't want to spend the $$$ for an EMP-20, I will have a program where you can send me your PCM and a small amount of $$$ and I'll send you your PCM with your flash file for you to look at.

- Keith
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 02-13-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: OBD-II Flash File Database

Needing a few 4 banger things too... anybody modded these files or need them modded? 2.2 and 2.4 files would be useful.... Plz dont post code though..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner

I looked up the EMP-20 there is a new EMP-21 which is USB . Anyways it looks like you have to take the chip out of the PCM and drop it into the EMP-XX. Argh.. there has to be a better way!
    Unless we can make a socket on our PCMs so we can take it in and out frequently for tuning.
    Not that is a bad solution its just that Id rather be able to get an image of the PCM sitting nice and cozzy in the drivers seet
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Potential Tuner

Hey Lynoise

I saw a page a few days back were a guy described how to put a socket on a pcm for the flash chip.

Can't find the url

I'll post when i find it.

Potential Tuner

Any way of making something that would work with an A-tap?

Id also like to be able to do case learns with this thing.

on any OBDII you shouldnt have to remove anything.. the chip is completely flashable fromthe OBDII port
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner

yea there is a way.. thats my point.. thats what Im looking for I have a way to talk to the OBDII port just need to konw what to say to it to get the ROM dump and then reflash
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Well yea you can grab the flash data through PCM bus, but without the GM hardware, its not so easy..

The way I do it now is just pop the chip off and throw it into my emp-20.

Perhaps a few people will write software to interface with the PCM over a pre made cable so I don't have to go popping chips all the time.

Tuner

If someone can tell me the commands to send on the OBDII bus to get an image I can write a VB app for Autotap thatll do it I just cant find the info for the OBDII commands to do such a thing.

At that point the commands to flash the ROM would be usefull too

Potential Tuner

Good lord that equipment isn't cheap is it? I might have the opportunity to get one for real cheap, but it does not include the software. Would someone be willing to hook me up if I were to make this purchase?

Alex
    3.4\", FWI, Borla Exhaust, INTENSE LSD, Comp Cams \"HL\" Cam, TEP Heads (w/ Comp 26915 Springs, GPStore PCM&&&&Waiting to install: N.O.S. Wet Nitrous Kit, QTEC Electric Cutout&&Next Mods: Headers, 3.0\"

If your talking about the one on ebay, a local buddy of mine is trying to purchase that one.

magnus.. how do you take the chips off? heat gun or soldering iron?

i'm checking on s/w for flashing in-car...

I use a heat gun for both removal AND reassembly!!! It's SOOO much easier.

After I put the chip back I go over the legs with my fine tip soldering iron just pushing the legs down a little.

I've only had contact issues with one pcm.. The very first one I ever did.. A quick run through with the soldering iron and I was good to go.

Potential Tuner

[quote author=Lynoise link=board=obd2flash;num=1032386315;start=0#2 date=09/18/02 at 19:03:47]Unless we can make a socket on our PCMs so we can take it in and out frequently for tuning.

I found the url

http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/flashfix.htm

it is off Andrew Matti's page (AKM Cables). If you can't go through the DLC then this is an option. It also comes in handy if you lose power during a flash and corrupt the chip. :'(

Tuner

Very nice!
    Not the same flash chip as in OBDII but we could do the same with it just have to find a socket for our chips... if they make one..
    anyone know?

i have a good connection to a mgr at hooper electronics.. i'm sure he can get any socket made.
    What is the pin configuration? (#of pins per side, # of sides, square etc. )

Intel flash chip 28F400BX 44 pin PSOP package.

I know there are several guys out there with socketed PCM's already, perhaps they will chime in.

how many variations are there for the flash chips? I've seen 36 pin square, 40 pin square 44 pin..
    this is the type your talking about?
    universal converter, assigned for all PSOP (SOIC) devices up to 44 pins (especially FLASH EPROM), 13.3mm body width (520 mil)
    pins lead pitch 50 mil (1.27 mm)
    operation life of ZIF socket - 10.000 actuations

not the actual one i can get..
    Thats a converter and not a socket

Hey dudes!

this rocks! Anyone got any GT files?? I got a stock 2000 GT file and I'm looking for something to compare it against. Any suggestions? I also got a buddy that has a 2001 Grand Am that i can probably get a look at if we need it!

Potential Tuner

any thing for OBDII LT1???? ???
    Sean&&Silver 97z&&LT4