Thread: Just a few shift questions

Just a few shift questions

I just installed a new built trans with a yank TT3000 a few weeks ago. The trans is broken in and so are my gears now, finally. When going WOT into second gear it almost seems that the shift is so quick it either doesn't fully "engage" or is getting knock from the shift. I know this thread is useless until I get a log file uploaded. I'll have one loaded tonight hopefully after I get back from the shop. The attached .hpt file is the latest one I flashed to the truck. Any input/suggestions would be awesome
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

here's the tune file
    '20 AT4

Advanced Tuner
    Do you mean like a downshift into 2nd at like a 50-60 mph roll, something like that?
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    what transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS View Post
    Do you mean like a downshift into 2nd at like a 50-60 mph roll, something like that?
    Just a WOT 1-2 shift, occasionally 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec View Post
    what transmission?
    4L60E that's built

I actually experimented with upping the shift pressure quite a bit and it fixed what I was referring to. Also, I did a little more VE tuning and found a few cells that were off and causing a lot of knock. It was at like 90kpa and 2800 rpm right where the converter flashes to under medium throttle. For some reason I could never hit that cell when tuning, and now it's fixed. The attached file is the shift pressure I'm running. It's a little firm down low, but up top it's a nice crisp shift and the trans keeps turning. I'm getting pretty close to being done with my tune. Now I need to buy some injectors
    '20 AT4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Just a WOT 1-2 shift, occasionally 2-3.

4L60E that's built

I actually experimented with upping the shift pressure quite a bit and it fixed what I was referring to. Also, I did a little more VE tuning and found a few cells that were off and causing a lot of knock. It was at like 90kpa and 2800 rpm right where the converter flashes to under medium throttle. For some reason I could never hit that cell when tuning, and now it's fixed. The attached file is the shift pressure I'm running. It's a little firm down low, but up top it's a nice crisp shift and the trans keeps turning. I'm getting pretty close to being done with my tune. Now I need to buy some injectors

Oh ok. The reason I asked is because alot of times at like a 60 mph roll when my truck dowshifts to 2nd when I punch it it doesnt feel like it kicks down that hard. Its weird and I dont know if it is my trans slipping or what?
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 05-12-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

It could be your trans slipping. My old trans did that before it blew. Not trying to make you speculate and worry, but if during a downshift it feels really soft it may be slipping. Typically the 3-2 downshifts are really firm and should feel like they have any "slack"
    '20 AT4