Thread: B1001 DTC help

Tuner in Training

B1001 DTC help

I'm getting this DTC: B1001 Option Configuration Error on my 2000 Camaro SS. What is it? It just started and I cannot clear it. Any clue? Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its a BCM Code.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info Bill. I just don't really know what the BCM does and whether this DTC means there is some problem (or potential problem) just lurking there that's going to cause a real problem down the road.

Obviously, you are an expert and I am a mere novice as far computer tuning goes. So, any information you could share with me about what the BCM does, what may cause this DTC to display, and what I can do to avoid/prevent this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Bill.

I'm assuming that the bcm is the body control module? as in, different from the pcm that controls the engine? maybe it does other stuff?

i just popped a b1001 on my 2000 WS6 A4 and am in much the same boat... the search doesnt' seem to turn much up except other people asking the same question. Anyway, this seemed like a likely candidate for resurrection.. so if it's an obvious answer, maybe some1 will post it and then people in the future can find it with a search........