Thread: 05 Cts 3.6 Vvt

Potential Tuner

05 Cts 3.6 Vvt

Any good tunes out yet? I'm looking to buy the VCM Suite for my 05 CTS. I'm just wondering if it's even worth it. From what I've been reading not many people have done it and, with the V6 CTS, the TCM isn't supported? Or something of that sort. Anyway, I was just wondering if it was even worth it to spend the $500.

Thanks,
    NAM

For me, I just had to buy the credits since I had the hardware. So it was worth it for me. I'm not sure I would buy hpt just for this engine. You can tweak timing, a/f, and valve timing. No tcm and poor support from the hpt staff.

Potential Tuner
    A guy on www.cadillacforums.com had a tuning shop tune his and said they got about 18 HP out of it. Would love to get that tune, however I am a novice. I do know someone who has used it and will help me along so I guess it's worth it. Plus, everything else I or my family owns is Chevy or GM so I can always tune some other vehicles lol.

That tuning thread is pretty old. It seemed like they good results but no one got a tune from them. If you run 93 octane you can increase timing, but you have four timing tables to tweak. I'm just starting to mess with the valve timing tables.

Tuner in Training
    Any good results from anyone?