Thread: Check out my tune

Tuner in Training

Check out my tune

I just got HP tuners, just looking for some initial thoughts.

The car was dyno tuned with a cam other than what I am currently running (ASA cam at the time 226/236 .525 110lsa)

Well I know it needs adjustments and I don't have any logs yet because I haven't got my wideband hooked up yet, but can I get some opinions on how this tune looks, or weather I should just start over with a stock tune.
    2000 Camaro SS
    226/232 .609/.604 113+4* cam
    American Racing Longtube headers, catted-y, GMMG
    ls6 intake

Senior Tuner
    You can log without a wideband. Just turn on the VCM scanner and hit the connect and then record button. Save the recording and post it up just like your tune. With a cam like that and being new to tuning I wouldn't recommend starting over unless you are having pretty big issues with your existing tune. That 110 LSA is a MF'er to tune when your a noob.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

The LSA will not make it easier or harder to tune, IMO at least. Cam tuning in general is very similar, you have to do the same things. You have your work cut out for you in that tune, there are many improvements to be made to timing and fueling. First I would pull the timing back, way too high for WOT areas.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the replies.

First - I am not sure if I wrote that unclearly, but I am no longer running the ASA cam, I now have the one in my sig. Makes good power with current tune 390rwhp

I'm going to have to look when I get home again, but I compared my current tune to what I believe is a stock tune (found in the repository), and they look extremely similar especially in the VE table - and spark table if I remember right. If that's the case then I surely got ripped of $450 for my dyno tune.

Thanks for the advice on retarding the timing some at WOT, I'll look into that.

BTW, I realize I can log without a wideband, but I figured it wouldn't really offer much without afr...?
    2000 Camaro SS
    226/232 .609/.604 113+4* cam
    American Racing Longtube headers, catted-y, GMMG
    ls6 intake