Thread: Bone stock ls3 c6 tune?

Tuner in Training

Bone stock ls3 c6 tune?

does anyone have a tune for a bone stock c6 ls3 that has netted some power gains? or is it really on a car per car basis?

The car will literally have no mods but im trying to pick up a little power from a tune.. anything anyone can add?

can you let me know your max timing at wot please on the stock tune

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    can you let me know your max timing at wot please on the stock tune
    as soon as i get a chance to log it i will do and let you know..

Senior Tuner
    The LS3 is not a spark starved engine. Meaning, it doesn't need the ole "you gotta run 28 degrees and 13.0 AFR" newb tuning guide. Furthermore, spark is dependent on VE, so saying "I have 28 degrees in mine at WOT" doesn't even come close to helping. I'll put up a datalog in a few that'll show you the commanded spark from an '08 near-stock LS3 I tuned (it had a Vararam on it).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Here's a chart. AFR was a commanded and actual 12.6 (+/- 0.1) across the board. As you can see, spark follows VE. And, yes, that was a degree of KR at approx. 2700 rpms, but I rectified it on the next pull.
    Last edited by RWTD; 05-20-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner in Training
    I just looked at a stock 08 ls3 vette file and I noticed that the PE delay is set at 5000 rpms. If you set this to 0 wouldn't the corvette respond well (just as the trucks do)? I'm betting this will be the same on the new camaro ss as well.
    1999 Pontiac TransAm A4 LTs, ORY, LS6 Intake, PP 85mm TB, SLP Lid, TCI 3500 Stall, BFG Drag Radials, NX 100 shot setup,

2004 HD2500 GMC 4x4 crew cab

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madden View Post
    I just looked at a stock 08 ls3 vette file and I noticed that the PE delay is set at 5000 rpms. If you set this to 0 wouldn't the corvette respond well (just as the trucks do)? I'm betting this will be the same on the new camaro ss as well.
    There is NOT any PE delay on any of the C5 or C6 vehicles, nor any of the V8 cars (I have yet to look at the 5.3 cars, the new G8 and GXP codes, nor the new Camaro, so I can't 100% say this for sure or not anymore).

To explain, there is actually a PE Delay Timer scalar (in seconds) that HPT does not have in their templates for their software (tho I did see it on one of the vehicles the other day, but not sure which model that was). On the V8 cars, it is set to 0. This overrides the PE Delay RPM scalar on ALL GM vehicles.
    Formerly known as RWTD