Thread: timing drop in 4th?

timing drop in 4th?

after my delete plates the timing got cut in half. rwdt and eric brooks showed me how to get it back on track. 1-3 she holds steady at 29* advance. but when i go into 4th, i cant get more than 24*. anyone seen this before or know how to correct it? thanks. (05 mustang gt manual)

p.s. i tried raising the .9 load spark and no change. the "combustion pressure limit" table is set to allow a max of 29* but im not sure y it wont allow it in 4th.

If you want you can post up your tune, I don't have that problem in my 08 GT

i put it in the repository a while ago but it hasnt posted yet. is yours up?

i figured it out. i messed with the base tables some more and it works now.

Senior Tuner
    You can "attach" it here on this thread.

My initial guess is IAT and/or ECT based retard. Hopefully you're not commanding MORE in your BKT table than you're actually receiving?!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

it does seem that my tables read more than its actually recieving. when the whole row says 29* and it runs 25, that would be true. im assuming correcton factors change it down a bit. i used your table u posted in my other thread. and it would not run more than 25*. so i added 3* to the high load areas in your table. and ECT was normal and IAT was bout 70* so i doubt it was that stuff.