Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Mind Sharing A Tuned A6 File?

Advanced Tuner

Anyone Mind Sharing A Tuned A6 File?

There Are None In The Repository.

I Have The Auto Mode And Sport Mode Sorted Out. I Am Working On Trying To Get The Manual Mode (tap Up/ Tap Down) Sorted Out As Right Now It Has All Sorts Of Lag.

Anyone Mind Sharing Their Tune With Me So I Can Get This Last Part Sorted Out?

Tuner in Training
    09 G8 GT

Advanced Tuner
    Perfectd3 How Are Your Manual Mode Shifts, Are They Quick As The Sport Mode With No Lag?

Manual mode will never be as fast as Sport or Normal. The simple fact that commands are not coming directly from the TCM, but thru a serial from your shifter and then to the TCM.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting Midevil, I can understand that but there are a couple of web places that suppossedly can get it just as fast from what some other G8 owners and C6 vette owners are saying.

Not saying I doubt you at all because you seem to know alot more about the A6 tuning that most of us on here playing around with them.

How much faster can it be made to shift. Mine lags so bas in stock form and is not much better in tuned form.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok here is my current tune I am running, it is better but still lacks in manual mode. The delay is so bad the ECM cuts the power for what seems to be an eternity before the shifts complete.

Also for some reason the car when the TC is turned off will not spin the tires at all in any mode, Auto, Sport, or Manual.

Midevil do you mind taking a look and if you have time pm me what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyws6 View Post
    Ok here is my current tune I am running, it is better but still lacks in manual mode. The delay is so bad the ECM cuts the power for what seems to be an eternity before the shifts complete.

Also for some reason the car when the TC is turned off will not spin the tires at all in any mode, Auto, Sport, or Manual.

Midevil do you mind taking a look and if you have time pm me what you think?
    Have you noticed that your shift speeds for 1-4 are set at the max?(318) Try setting your speeds for these gears in correlation to your WOT shift speeds in Sport Mode. BTW these are set very low for the gearing in the G8. It will take a mixture of RPM's and speed to get it to work. GM sets these at max because you are in control of the speeds when in Manual mode, but I have never believed this to be right.

TC problem is not in the tranny as far as I can see. It could be in the Engine tune. Have you even messed with it? Looks fairly stock.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I saw the shift speeds and wondered about that. Either figured it was for a tabled not used in the G8 application or part of some sort of speed limiter function.

I will change them and see how it does.

The engine tune is mild because the car does not have much for mods. Very minor exhaust work, K&N drop in filter, Yella Tube intake tube, and a160* thermostat for now. Later on I am going to do a set of headers and a UDP.

The main things in the engine tune were the MAF was tuned on the dyno, PE enrichment rate was changed, timing was changed and the Hi and Low octane tables were matched up. There is also some IAT table changes as well.

It went from 342rwhp with only 700 miles on it to 353rwhp when tuned. Timing is as aggressive as can be without having any KR in it.

Tuner in Training
    Perfectd3 How Are Your Manual Mode Shifts, Are They Quick As The Sport Mode With No Lag?
    Not as quick as my sport mode, but I don't use the manual mode since my normal drive & sport are plenty quick enough. I like this tune alot cuz I can leave it in normal 99% of the time with smooth part throttle shifts and hard WOT shifts. Only complaint is my downshifting, sometimes wished it would grabber one gear lower when going from part throttle to WOT.
    09 G8 GT

Advanced Tuner
    Well Setting My Tutd Shift Speeds To Mirror The Sport Mode Works, But Now My Tutd Mode Acts Like Sport Mode. It Doesnt Matter What I Tell It To Do The Car Shifts Automatically While In Tutd Mode Now.

Guess I Will Put It Back The Way It Was Before And Keep Working On It.

I Did Notice On The Vette Calibration That Tutd Is Listed As Hardwire But On The G8 Gxp It Is Listed As Serial For The Connection. I Wonder Why The Difference?

Only complaint is my downshifting, sometimes wished it would grabber one gear lower when going from part throttle to WOT.[/QUOTE]

You can fix this by changing the MPH-TPS% cells. Make the MPH's more aggressive in the lower speeds and WALA!
    2023 Ford Edge ST

I Did Notice On The Vette Calibration That Tutd Is Listed As Hardwire But On The G8 Gxp It Is Listed As Serial For The Connection. I Wonder Why The Difference?[/QUOTE]

The vette is a Full Blown SPORTS CAR. The G8 is a sedan and therefore Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't want this......this is also why the tune is diff. I still think that the serial connection will not be fast enough for a desirable manual shift. Serial is what the Denali's and Escalade's use also and it is very slow.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    True but the GXP uses the same motor and auto tranny the vette uses. Could it be changed to hardwired like the vette and either still work and or maybe fix the issue?

True but the GXP uses the same motor and auto tranny the vette uses. Could it be changed to hardwired like the vette and either still work and or maybe fix the issue?
    Have you tried changing to Hardwire? Apparently I didn't notice that you had the GXP. It has the Hardwire option if I remember correctly.....
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah sorry, I am not the internet pro like most, I vary rarely update my sig with my vehicles...lol

I have the tune changed, just need to upload and see what it does.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Have you tried changing to Hardwire? Apparently I didn't notice that you had the GXP. It has the Hardwire option if I remember correctly.....

Hardwire option? Is the something that can be changed while tuning? Or is this a actual connection? The serial connection also?

I have a GXP LS3 as well, the manaul shift mode is very irritatingly slow, the downshifts seem ok though.

Also how much of a differance has been noticed on a stock 08-09 c6 ls3 tune vs a g8 gxp ls3 tune?

Thinking about getting hp tuner and tuning my own stuff, all this is very interesting...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Have tried that. Didnt work. Reported as a possible bug. It is being looked at.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Have tried that. Didnt work. Reported as a possible bug. It is being looked at.
    There has got to be something to fix this, to be honest while using , it is kinda pointless, i have found out that releasing off the gas while tap shipping like in a manual and immediatly getting back on the gas, feels just right Times the delay perfectly almost.

Are the corvette ls3 owners with the a6's reporting shift lag with there paddle shifters?

Advanced Tuner
    I Dont Know If They Have It Or Not, I Have A Friend With A A6 Vette I Will Ask Him About It.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9beam2002 View Post
    There has got to be something to fix this, to be honest while using , it is kinda pointless, i have found out that releasing off the gas while tap shipping like in a manual and immediatly getting back on the gas, feels just right Times the delay perfectly almost.

Are the corvette ls3 owners with the a6's reporting shift lag with there paddle shifters?
    Vette's are hardwired from factory. They seem to be much quicker.
    2023 Ford Edge ST