Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Mind Sharing A Tuned A6 File?

04blackgmc (or other G8 trans tweakers) -

I've read a bunch of your posts about transmission tuning. You - and others who have borrowed your settings - seem to be pretty happy with how your car is shifting. I think I've also seen some of your posts talking about your trips to the drag strip. I'm curious if your transmission tuning has been geared (no pun intended) towards 1/4 mile times. I just want a more responsive driving experience in every day driving. Its almost like GM tuned some "turbo lag" into the transmission. I thought a nice V8 would help me escape that non-sense. Anyway, would you consider your tune appropriate for someone who isn't looking to bark the tires on every upshift, etc.?

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    04blackgmc (or other G8 trans tweakers) -

I've read a bunch of your posts about transmission tuning. You - and others who have borrowed your settings - seem to be pretty happy with how your car is shifting. I think I've also seen some of your posts talking about your trips to the drag strip. I'm curious if your transmission tuning has been geared (no pun intended) towards 1/4 mile times. I just want a more responsive driving experience in every day driving. Its almost like GM tuned some "turbo lag" into the transmission. I thought a nice V8 would help me escape that non-sense. Anyway, would you consider your tune appropriate for someone who isn't looking to bark the tires on every upshift, etc.?

Thanks.
    this tune works great for me i can just drive it around town and it feels firm and good. Get on it and its fast and crisp..

not gonna bark tires or anything just driving around town..

ive been to the track once so the car really isnt "geared" towards that.

im still changing tiny things here and there with the tranny and seeing what i like..
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Junior Tuner

I had a look at your tune file. For all of the desired shift time upshifts and downshifts i would set them .2500. In the shift time inertia adder, shift time torque adder and desired torque output normal and special tables zero all the tables out. For the oncoming pressure volume table make them all 70. I have had this tune in my 08 corvette for 25000 miles and have no problems, the tranny shifts and response 100% faster and not mushy like the stock tune
    Anyone try this on a G8 yet?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Anyone try this on a G8 yet?
    sneaky did, now he is running my settings..

i have a new tune with small changes but my buddy is borrowing my cable so i cant try it
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Advanced Tuner
    04blackgmc and I are using alot of the same transmission parameters, most of mine came from messing aorund with the tune and yes from the above quoted information.

Senior Tuner
    If anyone would like view the file I posted in reply #58 and contribute more info, I'll update it accordingly until we have a good safe A6 file for all who wish to use. Only the tranny portion of the file has been modified, It's from an 08 A6 Corvette.

The shift times I understand, but what does the Oncoming Volume Preset do and why do we change it?

My upshifts right now are pretty good, soft and nearly unoticable at cruise, but 1-2 breaks the tires loose at WOT. Primarily from the STF Adder and Modifier.

My downshifts need some work though, they are too slow though...

I've attached my current tune. I did make some small adjustments to the torque profiles and increased the line pressure slightly as well.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    If anyone would like view the file I posted in reply #58 and contribute more info, I'll update it accordingly until we have a good safe A6 file for all who wish to use. Only the tranny portion of the file has been modified, It's from an 08 A6 Corvette.
    I was unable to open the file. Is that because you guys are running 2.23 Beta? I'm running 2.22.

2006 C6 A6
    AintQik-Ported Spinmonster-modded 90mmFAST
    1 & 3/4 AR Headers w/ Cats
    VMax CNC Ported TB
    3.42 DTE Rear End
    Lingenfelter CAI
    E2 1/2" Tunnel Plate
    NGK WB

360+ RWTQ/RWHP (new dyno #'s coming soon!)

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Pex View Post
    I was unable to open the file. Is that because you guys are running 2.23 Beta? I'm running 2.22.

Yes

I made the recommended changes (0.2500 & 0'd out the adders) as well as some additional alterations for my 3.42 rear end and 305/30/19s.

I've also made changes to the MAF tables to take into account my other mods. Consequently, I would NOT recommend using these MAF table changes unless you have the exact same set up I do.

Please find the tune attached for any C6 A6 vette owner's who'd like to review for their own Situational Awareness (SA) and A6 adjustments.

2006 C6 A6
    AintQik-Ported Spinmonster-modded 90mmFAST
    1 & 3/4 AR Headers w/ Cats
    VMax CNC Ported TB
    3.42 DTE Rear End
    Lingenfelter CAI
    E2 1/2" Tunnel Plate
    NGK WB

360+ RWTQ/RWHP (new dyno #'s coming soon!)

Advanced Tuner
    ok here is one i worked on a little but havent ran it yet since my buddy still has my cable..

made 82 small changes
    mostly shift time modifers and some pressure changes
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Here's my latest...I've been pretty happy with it.

I still want some faster downshifts, but I don't think its gonna happen since I want to leave TQM enabled.
    Last edited by johnh; 07-25-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Here's my latest...I've been pretty happy with it.

I still want some faster downshifts, but I don't think its gonna happen since I want to leave TQM enabled.
    for u leave the power downshift time alone...
    but make the rest of the times something all the same may it be .25 or .20 up to you...
    have u tried just disabling the Downshift TM and see how you like it?
    i dont have it..
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

I see "Full Throttle Shift Speed" and "Full Throttle Shift RPM" tables. In other threads there was talk of different cars basing WOT shifts on one, the other, or both. Anyone know what the G8 bases WOT shifts on?

04blackgmc, I noticed in your tune (I'm looking at one posted 6/27/09), you raised the rev limiter 300 RPM in gears 1-5. If I were going to be a wimp and leave my limiter alone for now, I'm wondering how big a monkey wrench that would throw into your trans settings. I know I should lower the "Full throttle Shift RPM" settings. Think I'd also have to adjust all the speed based shift points? Not sure if all the speeds can be achieved without your extra 300 RPM.

Thanks.

Can someone help me understand how the different shift "patterns" relate to Auto and Sport in a G8?

Normal
    Pattern A
    Pattern B

Also, what does "Special" mean in the shift time tables?

Thanks.

G8 shifts on a mixture of magic...

Allow me to explain: It needs to meet the RPM and MPH to shift. That being said, the magic comes into play that it doesn't shift exactly at either, but rather initiates the shift there.

In my tune, if I adjust the RPM to 6175, if I leave the MPH at 35 it will shift very close to 6500, if I back it off to say 33 MPH it shifts around 6300. BUT its never terribly consistant--like the older cars were. My GTP would hit the MPH and RPM and shift I could get it within 100 rpms, on the G8 its more like 200-300 rpms. I basically play with it a bit, get it to shift where I want and leave it be.

but what does the Oncoming Volume Preset do and why do we change it?
    Anyone?

I may try downshift TQM off and see how it goes.

That brings up a question: On upshifts we have STF and related tables to scale the TQM;

Are there similar tables we cannot see for Downshifting? Chris?

As I understand it normal is drive, A is sport and B isn't used.

Sp is sport mode.

Advanced Tuner
    I see "Full Throttle Shift Speed" and "Full Throttle Shift RPM" tables. In other threads there was talk of different cars basing WOT shifts on one, the other, or both. Anyone know what the G8 bases WOT shifts on?

04blackgmc, I noticed in your tune (I'm looking at one posted 6/27/09), you raised the rev limiter 300 RPM in gears 1-5. If I were going to be a wimp and leave my limiter alone for now, I'm wondering how big a monkey wrench that would throw into your trans settings. I know I should lower the "Full throttle Shift RPM" settings. Think I'd also have to adjust all the speed based shift points? Not sure if all the speeds can be achieved without your extra 300 RPM.

Thanks.
    yea the speed has got to be below the rpm.. i have 6200RPM in Pattern A(which is sport)but the mph at set and what u see and it shifts around 6150.. for u i would try WOT Shift speeds of 29 60 98 and set rpm at 6050 or 6100.. MATCH ur Shift speeds for full throttle and part throttle...

Can someone help me understand how the different shift "patterns" relate to Auto and Sport in a G8?

Normal
    Pattern A
    Pattern B

Also, what does "Special" mean in the shift time tables?

Thanks.
    normal is normal, pattern A is sport, B isnt used as far as i know since alot of the tables are blank. and special i believe is TUTD

G8 shifts on a mixture of magic...

Allow me to explain: It needs to meet the RPM and MPH to shift. That being said, the magic comes into play that it doesn't shift exactly at either, but rather initiates the shift there.

In my tune, if I adjust the RPM to 6175, if I leave the MPH at 35 it will shift very close to 6500, if I back it off to say 33 MPH it shifts around 6300. BUT its never terribly consistant--like the older cars were. My GTP would hit the MPH and RPM and shift I could get it within 100 rpms, on the G8 its more like 200-300 rpms. I basically play with it a bit, get it to shift where I want and leave it be.

Anyone?

I may try downshift TQM off and see how it goes.
    Yep it isnt dead on...
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Advanced Tuner
    That brings up a question: On upshifts we have STF and related tables to scale the TQM;

Are there similar tables we cannot see for Downshifting? Chris?
    Yes there is and i know this, my car still pulls timing if im rolling at 50 in sport or normal and got wot....cant find anything to fix it.... BUT if i hold the gear in TUTD and nail it from a roll.... no timing pull...
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0