Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anyone Mind Sharing A Tuned A6 File?

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, Interesting. I Maybe Playing With Mine More Tonight When I Get Home.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Don't suppose you have a log with that file. I would like to see your 1st and 2nd gear downshifts. Upshifts are easy but downshift TM seems to be either all or none.
    if u have PD shift disabled Tm wise and log it u will still see a huge timing pull...
    this is why if i have to i use TUTD on downshifts.. i did do a 6-2 downshift and felt close to what i had before..

Quote Originally Posted by bluessv View Post
    04blackgmc,

I was always under the impression, from other posts, that the TM was worked out on the following formula:

[(Shift Torque Factor Adder x Adder Modifier) + Shift Torque Factor].... and that was all multiplied by the Cold Multiplier.

Given the Cold Multiplier is set at "1" in most cases lets consider it irrelevant for the moment as anything times "1" is the first multiplier...eg 2 x 1 = 2

As such, by setting the Shift Torque Factor Adder to "0" as you have done in your tune, the figures set in the Adder Modifier in the higher end of the Torque band are completely irrelevant because anything multiplied by "0" is always "0".

Therefore, as I understand it, the TM in your tune is going to be 0.2998 in every shift (except the 5-6) and at all Torque bands as the formula would read....

1. (0 x Adder Modifier) is always going to be "0"

2. Then add the Shift Torque Factor (0.2998) which equals (0.2998)

3. And finally times it by the Cold Multiplier which is usually "1" and you have a final TM of 0.2998.

My point is why make any changes to the Adder Modifier if it's going to be cancelled out by having the Shift Torque Factor Adder set to "0"

There is a stock tune in the Repository for a Suburban if you search all 2008 vehicle with Auto trans. The GM stock tune has the Shift Torque Factor and the Shift Torque Factor Adder set to "1" across the board. All the TM for the tune is cleverly set out in the Adder Modifier. When applying the above formula you can see how GM has basically removed all TM at very low Torque levels but as the rev's and Torque increase the tune slowly starts adding in more and more TM. This is achieved by using negative figures in the Adder Modifier.
    i still dont think anyone understands it 100%(did it just as a precaution trying something new)... i ran my 13.18 awhile back in better weather with little less mods with 1-2 .33 2.3 .33 3-4 .4... on STF...
    so i thought id try it again a little lower and put most the TM tables closer to stock..
    the harsh shifts around town were starting to get annoying..
    and im sure if the TM slowed the car down AT ALL it wasnt much...
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluessv View Post
    04blackgmc,

I was always under the impression, from other posts, that the TM was worked out on the following formula:

[(Shift Torque Factor Adder x Adder Modifier) + Shift Torque Factor].... and that was all multiplied by the Cold Multiplier.

Given the Cold Multiplier is set at "1" in most cases lets consider it irrelevant for the moment as anything times "1" is the first multiplier...eg 2 x 1 = 2

As such, by setting the Shift Torque Factor Adder to "0" as you have done in your tune, the figures set in the Adder Modifier in the higher end of the Torque band are completely irrelevant because anything multiplied by "0" is always "0".

Therefore, as I understand it, the TM in your tune is going to be 0.2998 in every shift (except the 5-6) and at all Torque bands as the formula would read....

1. (0 x Adder Modifier) is always going to be "0"

2. Then add the Shift Torque Factor (0.2998) which equals (0.2998)

3. And finally times it by the Cold Multiplier which is usually "1" and you have a final TM of 0.2998.

My point is why make any changes to the Adder Modifier if it's going to be cancelled out by having the Shift Torque Factor Adder set to "0"

There is a stock tune in the Repository for a Suburban if you search all 2008 vehicle with Auto trans. The GM stock tune has the Shift Torque Factor and the Shift Torque Factor Adder set to "1" across the board. All the TM for the tune is cleverly set out in the Adder Modifier. When applying the above formula you can see how GM has basically removed all TM at very low Torque levels but as the rev's and Torque increase the tune slowly starts adding in more and more TM. This is achieved by using negative figures in the Adder Modifier.
    Don't negative numbers in Adder Modifier reduce TM? The larger the negative number the less TM.

2009 G8 GT - White Hot

226/234 601/601 112+4, Yank SS 3600, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow exhaust, Rotofab, 3.91 Rear

As a general rule a negative number will reduce the TM applied to a shift and therefore a larger negative number would apply less TM.

However, it's the combination of the Adder Modifier and the Shift Torque Factor Adder which is the key as they are mulipied together before the Shift Torque Factor is added. You could also reverse the equation and set all the Shift Torque Factor Adders to "-1" and then use positive numbers in the Adder Modifier.

At the end of the day a final figure of "1" equals full stock TM and a final figure of "0" equals no TM applied to the shift. So, as an example, lets set a Shift Torque Factor of "0.5", a Shift Torque Factor Adder at a standard "1" across the board, an Adder Modifier in the higher rev and torque range of "-0.3" and the Cold Multiplier set at "1" for normal driving temp. The equation would look something like this:

[(1 x -0.3) + 0.5] x 1 = 0.2

A TM application of 0.2 or in other words applying only 20% TM during the shift and leaving 80% of the torque in the shift. This is of course quite aggressive compared to a stock tune but that's a personal opinion.

That is why I personally like to leave the Shift Torque Factor as "1" like stock and make all the Shift Torque Factor Adders "1" also and that way I can have greater control over the TM applied in each shift by adjusting the Adder Modifier. If you apply this equation to the stock 2008 Suburban tune posted in the Repository you'll see that GM has left most of the Torque in the shift at lower rev and torque bands. But if the torque or revs increase then the stock GM tune slowly starts to add TM into the shift until the equation reaches a total of "1".

Advanced Tuner
    Well I Had To Go Back To The Drawing Board. Most Of My Previous Problems Were From The Flare Shifts Coming Into The Tune From The Adaptive Controller.

I Went Back In And Put Most Of My Tune Back To My One I Ran For The Last 3 Months. I Put The Cold Modifier Tables Back To 50% Of Stock And All Of My Timing Values Back To .1006 Which Is What I Ran Forever.

Reflashed It And Cleared The Adaptive Controller And Even Went As Far As To Disconnect The Battery For About A Hour And Will Have To See How That Works Today After Some Driving.

I Did Go In And Add About 25psi To The Base X & Y Shift Tables In The 268° Tables For The Last 3 Cells And The Row Right Above It As Well. It Seems Gm Pulls Psi When The Tranny Gets Hot Which Once The Tranny Gets Hot Makes The Shifts Become Soft.

Has Anyone Did A Comparision To A 2008 C6 A6 Stock Tune. Why Is The Tune So Different For The Same Tranny Than The G8 Gt/gxp?

The Only Thing I Could Come Up With Is Because Of Weight And What The Two Different Customer Bases Are Willing To Put Up With For The Type Of Car The Calibration Is Desiegned For.

I Am In The Process Of Taking Most Of The Vettes Tables And Copying Them Over Into A G8 Tune And Will Try It Out And See How It Does Sometime In The Next Week Or So.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyws6 View Post
    Well I Had To Go Back To The Drawing Board. Most Of My Previous Problems Were From The Flare Shifts Coming Into The Tune From The Adaptive Controller.

I Went Back In And Put Most Of My Tune Back To My One I Ran For The Last 3 Months. I Put The Cold Modifier Tables Back To 50% Of Stock And All Of My Timing Values Back To .1006 Which Is What I Ran Forever.

Reflashed It And Cleared The Adaptive Controller And Even Went As Far As To Disconnect The Battery For About A Hour And Will Have To See How That Works Today After Some Driving.

I Did Go In And Add About 25psi To The Base X & Y Shift Tables In The 268° Tables For The Last 3 Cells And The Row Right Above It As Well. It Seems Gm Pulls Psi When The Tranny Gets Hot Which Once The Tranny Gets Hot Makes The Shifts Become Soft.

Has Anyone Did A Comparision To A 2008 C6 A6 Stock Tune. Why Is The Tune So Different For The Same Tranny Than The G8 Gt/gxp?

The Only Thing I Could Come Up With Is Because Of Weight And What The Two Different Customer Bases Are Willing To Put Up With For The Type Of Car The Calibration Is Desiegned For.

I Am In The Process Of Taking Most Of The Vettes Tables And Copying Them Over Into A G8 Tune And Will Try It Out And See How It Does Sometime In The Next Week Or So.
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training

A-6 Tuning

This has been a great thread! I've learned a lot from it, Thank you guys!
    I did a 2010 Camaro today L99 A-6. The engine worked out mint and I applied what I knew and what I learned here to the trans.

It still seems a bit weak on the WOT upshifts and medium throttle downshifts are extremely aggressive ... like, if I dont turn off the TC, it shuts the car down, if the TC is off, it barks the tires hard on the DS but it will NOT bark them on the upshift. Any critiquing would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    I just tried raising my base pressures significantly more (based on info from another thread I saw) and still soggy on the upshifts. (added 20-30 psi to the tune posted)
    Last edited by FLDave; 08-25-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Yeah go ahead and do that. but make sure all ur base upshift and downshifts times are .2500. Since u have beta, in shift properties the left column at the bottom u will see tables for downshift, zero those tables out that have values in them.

Ian
    anyone try this? im thinking of doing this to make things more simple...
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Senior Tuner
    Here's a file for an 08 vette w/2.73 gearing with some TM both upshift and downshift. I consider this to be an excellent street file. Upshifts and downshift at least in 1st and 2nd gears are improved over factory. Whether it's safe, use at your own risk but most likely safer than zero TM IMO.

From 4th gear steady 22 mph at 100% WOT to first gear full power is just over .4 seconds. Shift from 1-2 just over .2 seconds. This log does not include a second gear shift but it as does feel less lazy than the factory shift as well. Have not tested 3-4 but should be improved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Here's a file for an 08 vette w/2.73 gearing with some TM both upshift and downshift. I consider this to be an excellent street file. Upshifts and downshift at least in 1st and 2nd gears are improved over factory. Whether it's safe, use at your own risk but most likely safer than zero TM IMO.

From 4th gear steady 22 mph at 100% WOT to first gear full power is just over .4 seconds. Shift from 1-2 just over .2 seconds. This log does not include a second gear shift but it as does feel less lazy than the factory shift as well. Have not tested 3-4 but should be improved as well.

I installed your tranny5 about 2 weeks ago. It solved several of my problems I was having with other tunes. I did notice with this spost tht you have the 2.73 gear. I have the 2.56 Would the tune need any changes to work 100% with the 2.56? I have just a couple of shift issues that this just may be what my problem is.

08 C6 A6

Tuner
    I thought the equation was:

[STFA x Adder Modifier] + [STF x Cold Multiplier]

2009 G8 GT - White Hot

226/234 601/601 112+4, Yank SS 3600, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow exhaust, Rotofab, 3.91 Rear

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSEBRING View Post
    I installed your tranny5 about 2 weeks ago. It solved several of my problems I was having with other tunes. I did notice with this spost tht you have the 2.73 gear. I have the 2.56 Would the tune need any changes to work 100% with the 2.56? I have just a couple of shift issues that this just may be what my problem is.

08 C6 A6
    As long as you changed the 2.73 parameters out to 2.56 under Speedometer it should work fine. I assume that's what you are asking?

Allmachtige,

The Torque Management equation is:

[(Shift Torque Adder * Shift Torque Modifier) + STF] * Cold Factor

In simple terms:

The Shift Torque Factor Adder is multiplied by the Shift Torque Factor Adder Modifier table. The result is then added to the Shift Torque Factor. Once this is done the figure is then multiplied by the Cold Multiplier. Mind you, unless you're in the South Pole, or similar, the Cold Factor is usually "1" so anything multiplied by "1" is the original multiplier.

Therefore, if your STF Adder is "1", your Multiplier is -0.500, your STF is "1" and your Cold Multiplier is also "1" then the equation is"

[(1 * -0.500) + 1] * 1 = 0.500

Therefore th Torque Management applied to that particular shift is 0.500 of the "stock" TM.

Tuner in Training
    I tried the settings you suggested and the trans in my G8 is shifting much faster but the shifts seem a little harsh. Is there anything I can do to smooth them out? I have the oncoming pressures set to 60.

Thanks,
    Adrian D.

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    I had a look at your tune file. For all of the desired shift time upshifts and downshifts i would set them .2500. In the shift time inertia adder, shift time torque adder and desired torque output normal and special tables zero all the tables out. For the oncoming pressure volume table make them all 70. I have had this tune in my 08 corvette for 25000 miles and have no problems, the tranny shifts and response 100% faster and not mushy like the stock tune.

Ian

www.thetuningschool.com
    Last edited by adriand; 05-15-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Heres my tune if anyone else can make some suggestions for making the shifts a little less harsh.

Attachment 28397