Thread: re-program

Potential Tuner

re-program

thank god i found thos board.
    ok here is my question.
    where can i find the software to re-program the OBD-II computer. i am making alot of changes to my motor. and i am looking to make hp. so where can i find the software to do all the re-programing?. thank you..

p.s. know that i know just about every thing about motor re-building. this will be my chance to learn about the computer and all it program, and how it works.
    BLA BLA BLA,

Re: re-program

can you list exactly what you have? Engine, trans, rear gear, mods, different components, PCM # etc?
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

i have a 1998 3800 series II supercharge (L67) with a 98 4t65-e tranny (3.29 gear) the throttle body is from a 99 series II supercharge. my mod are a cam, ported heads,3 inch pulley (12 psi boost) and ported s/c. i am basicly looking of a program to change the computer (shift points, fuel, timing, and other).
    BLA BLA BLA,

Welcome to the board.

Most of the free/public info for the OBD-II stuff has yet to be relieced.. Basically we are here trying to bring info and data to the public.

As of right now there are no off the shelf programmers you can buy for the 3.8.

The 2 big obstacles we are tackling right now is..
    Reading and Writing the PCM via the OBD-II port.
    Hacking the flash file once you've read it.

It's still a waiting game right now for OBD-II. We are working hard though thats for sure. In the past couple of days I've spent about 10 hours or so just looking at hex and mapping out data locations.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

yea.. the courts just ruled last week that GM must release the full trouble code list

Right now about the only way short of using a Tech II or similar programer, the easiest way seems to be just pulling the chip and flashing it. That eliminates the need for jumping through a bunch of hoops to access the flash via the OBDII port.
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

thank you guys.

when i had the stock pulley on the s/c (6 psi) the car run really great, my best ET was 13.28@98 mph any 60 foot was a 2.1. now that i swap to the 3 inch pulley (12 psi) the car run like crap. so i had a guy with the tech II and a lab top re-program the PCM. we change the shift point and add has much fuel has we can, but the injector ran out of flow (cFM) so now i will be install 42.5lbs injector. also i ported out the stock header, and have a new boush O2 sensor to install. i have on install any of the item yet. when it was 85 degree out side i will see 8-10 kr, so right now i am trying to fight off the KR. the person that re-program my PCM the first will be making another visit , so we can install the item and try to get the car to run in the mid 12`s.
    BLA BLA BLA,

sounds like you need to learn this stuff as bad as we do..
    I have it easy.. I have an ALDL computer so all i do is pull out my chip and burn it.

the darn tech II tool is way too much for me.. i have found it at just above $3000 but you still have to pay to subscribe to OTC and for cards (hardware modules)

Now if we can figure out how to do the same thing through the port or at least pull the flash file and be able to upload it after mods - well.. needless to say there will be alot of happy people! ;D

Well.. end up in carputing hands... $600 bucks and you can do it for just one car...

Now.. for just one car... its not viable for me.. i want to have the liberty to reprogram any car...