Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique my LNF Valet tune please :)

Advanced Tuner

Critique my LNF Valet tune please :)

I've had the unfortunate experience of techs abusing my vehicle before, so I'm glad to have the ability to set limits via hpt. Car goes in for body work on suday due to "uneducated" techs bending the rocker panels on the lift. They are paying for it but thats a topic for another thread

The dealer is about five miles away with some highway, but i think the tune leaves enough for me to get there safely while reasonable protecting the vehicle from excessive abuse. 3200rpm rev limit, 68mph speed gov, desired airload reduced by about 20% in the upper columns, and max airload torque reduced by 25%. This should yield boost max around 5-10psi, but we'll see, lol

Let me know what you think! I realize some will say its not worth it, but to me it is
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner in Training
    that's funny, dude's probably going to think he broke ur car if he does get on it
    2002 Camaro SS - 556whp

2009 Cobalt SS/TC - ???whp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    I've had the unfortunate experience of techs abusing my vehicle before, so I'm glad to have the ability to set limits via hpt. Car goes in for body work on suday due to "uneducated" techs bending the rocker panels on the lift. They are paying for it but thats a topic for another thread

The dealer is about five miles away with some highway, but i think the tune leaves enough for me to get there safely while reasonable protecting the vehicle from excessive abuse. 3200rpm rev limit, 68mph speed gov, desired airload reduced by about 20% in the upper columns, and max airload torque reduced by 25%. This should yield boost max around 5-10psi, but we'll see, lol

Let me know what you think! I realize some will say its not worth it, but to me it is
    I have had the same misfortune as you and I chewed the service maager a new one for letting someone drive my car 50 miles for no reason at all. They beat the piss out of it too. I too am going to make a valet tune for mine.

Advanced Tuner
    yea i'm recording the mileage when i get out. they really have no reason to drive it for body work.

comments on the tune? Should I make the torque management heavier?
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

No worries about bending the rocker panels on the Sky :-) They're fiberglass. It makes me wonder why they even produced the Solstice with how much they left to be desired over the Sky for about the same price.

Actually what you should do is up the max air load tables so the car hits limp mode in "overboost" mode as it tries to make more power than it can in lower rpms. Then he really will think he broke something lol.

Better yet, it takes less than two minutes to load a tune. Make one with a 10mph limiter and load it up when you pull in the parking lot.

Or be really sneaky and loosen an intercooler pipe before you head there. I mean like really loose. Maybe even the throttle body elbow. Take care to stay out of boost and limp it to the dealer. When you leave and they decide to go joy riding, they will have to figure out what they broke.

All of those would probably be just as fun lol.
    Last edited by dont_blink; 06-04-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    RSG Offroad
    Jeeps. Jeeps. And more Jeeps. Oh and Jeeps too.

Advanced Tuner
    Better yet... throw sand in your engine and blame it on them!

Lol, kidding of course! I was tossing around some ideas for this as well... I will take a look at it, and see everyone else's suggestions.

Advanced Tuner
    I dropped the car off on saturday. The tune attached in the first post was dangerously show. Max boost was 1 PSI, and the extra torque management on first gear made pulling out difficult. It really felt like it might be dangerous to merge with traffic - lol.

So i changed some things and used the new tune attached. This one still has the same limiters in place (3200rpm, 68mph), but achieves 5-7lbs of boost. The car is still very slow, but its not dangerous - regardless, 4779 mi on the car when i dropped it off, and thats what should be on it when i get it back It really made me feel better that the car could not be abused while it was away from me - highly recommend a valet tune for anyone that has to have service done

Potential Tuner
    Isn't there a GMPP dealer in Easton? I recall that's semi-close to Reading (could be wrong). I guess if the opportunity is there they're going to do it. 68 governed...that's just mean.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    Isn't there a GMPP dealer in Easton? I recall that's semi-close to Reading (could be wrong). I guess if the opportunity is there they're going to do it. 68 governed...that's just mean.
    Pfft, I would flash it to 45 governed. Its at a body shop... no need to be doing over 45 in the parking lot!

lol

Advanced Tuner
    yea i thought of flashing it with a 10mph govorner, but the dealer is right on a highway, so if they would take it out for some reason, i didn't want it wrecked. That is also why I went from the 1PSI to the 5PSI tune...

Tuner in Training
    Get it back yet?
    2002 Camaro SS - 556whp

2009 Cobalt SS/TC - ???whp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    yea i thought of flashing it with a 10mph govorner, but the dealer is right on a highway, so if they would take it out for some reason, i didn't want it wrecked. That is also why I went from the 1PSI to the 5PSI tune...
    I would tell them not to take it out. I also wouldn't tell them I reflashed it, because if they decide to joy ride my car, they WILL pay for it, after it gets hit by a semi. Or, I would tell them about it, and tell them if it has to go on the street to call me, and I will drive it.

Advanced Tuner
    I got the car back - they didn't put a mile on it, still 4779mi when i got in. I will still flash this tune everytime I HAVE to take the car somewhere.

Off topic, the body work they did was not perfect. all the way under the car at the end of the rocker panel there are paint drips. This really pisses me off, but i can't stand for incompenent people to be touching my car any more...

Tuner in Training
    I'm gonna do this too. Dropped my car off for a tire balance/rotation. They put on 25km and my average fuel economy was 12.7L/100km and I drove it for 30km lightly before dropping it off. It was below 8 when I dropped it off. This is a great idea.
    Cobalt SS Turbo - GMS1, MPX Catted DP, MPX Catback Exhaust, K&N SRI, Custom HP Tune

I dropped mine off at NTB for a new tire that had a nail in it, They told me about a hour and a half wait so i walked around the corner and got something to eat. About 45 mins later i got a call from a friend saying.."dude you wouldnt let me drive your car and some guy just lit up the tires at a light next to me and stayed in it as long as i could hear him" ..... I ran back to the store and made a huge scene in the show room floor asking where my car is and why i have people calling me saying im hauling ass down the road... in the end i got all the labor for free and a free alignment. A couple customers that were in the show room waiting just turned around and walked out lol.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner
    i know that i am replying a little late, but i made up something similar to this (i was teaching my daughter to drive stick). i made a thread on it on css.net. i didn't make it quite as radical as you did (of course i was gonna be with her). the only thing i would do on yours is turn the park/neutral rev limiter down even more (i set mine at 2500). they won't be able to rev it up to pop the clutch to do a burn out. lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    +1 for people doing work and hot rodding your car.
    i got an alignment done on my 67 nova and next thing i know im recieving my car on the side of the road because the alignment tech thought a 100% illegal drag only car was perfectly ok to drive on the street. fuckin moron floored it through a light with a cop on the other turn lane at the fuckin front of the line!! i vowed to never let myself take a car in for another alignment after that.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Makes you almost wish you had the etc map on this pcm so you could just not let them go over a quarter throttle no matter how hard they pushed the pedal.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    that would be awesome but all you do is turn down max torque should kick the throttle closed
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    that would be awesome but all you do is turn down max torque should kick the throttle closed
    I know, its just easier to conceptualize leaving the normal map for under 25% pedal position and filling in the rest with 25% ect. Using the torque table requires thinking/math.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!