Thread: 2007 Silverado NBS

2007 Silverado NBS

I cannot lock the tranny while using the HPT datalogging. It works on the older stuff but not the new tranny's. I initially saw this with a 06 T/B SS. Is there an update or is this being resolved. I believe the version is 2.22.

No, Go into trans diagnostics and set CMD Gear Control limits much higher. Especially the Max VSS values.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Could you clarify on the verbage please? CMD limits? I know this is a crazy question, I assume you are talking about a change in the tune or a setting in the datalogger? Thanks in advance!!!!

Yes, in the Transmission Diagnostics section. I used the verbage found there.
    Always Support Our Troops!

bump to the top, I had a 07 TB ss and raised both limits that EC tune mentioned and still had no control over locking the tranny through the datalogger. Any assistance would be great.

ttt for additional help.

I always put the vehicle in 2nd with the gear shifter, then command 2nd gear with the scanner. Works every time.

Russ Kemp

Thanks Russ, I like to pull in a higher gear if possible. Can anyone elaborate on the CMD limits. Give an example or a screen shot of how they should be set up to lock the trans. Should they be returned to the original state once the tuning is finished? I cannot get this thing to lock regardless of what #'s I put in the CMD boxes. I have had this problem on a Trailblazer SS as well.

I agree with Russ on this one. I have tried setting the CMD stuff so the scanner would do what I want it to do and it seems to be hit or miss.

However, manually putting the car/truck in 2nd with scanner locked in 2nd will do what I want everytime