Thread: '05 Mustang

'05 Mustang

Tried myself on an '05 mustang tonight...

Mods were:
    C&L Racer kit
    Ford Racing Cat-Back
    Steeda Pulleys

Result was 296hp and 309tq..

Wasn't too bad in tuning the MAF, increased/decreased it by a certain percent to get the A/F ratio in line... what I found weird though was best power AFR was 13 not 12.5 as other ppl say.

Max timing as 29* at WOT. I was commanding 32* but ran into knock retard... only way I knew it was KR was off the stang as it would pull timing.

In all I can say tuning a Ford is possible with HPT's! Can't wait for some more releases on the scanner and maybe a higher bit rate...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

man i wish i could get mine right.. my friend has hpt on his laptop so i tried tuning my car with it. it has 85mm maf, jba headers, exhaust, and 4.10s. i got the gears tuned, i got my maf tuned close enough that it doesnt throw a lean code lol. but my timing is at 24-25 degrease. i played with it 2 or 3 times and never could get it over 25-26 degrease. ive read threough the forums but dont have enough experience to make since of half of it =/

Tuner in Training
    I have an '05 Mustang GT as well. Just tuned in the MAF curve after adding an Airaid CAI. Took about 3 tries, and got trims below 3% for the most part. I was wondering if after dialing in the main Airflow vs. voltage MAF curve if you also need to make some changes to the MAF Temp Compensation vs. Airflow Vs. IAT table.