Thread: Added Resonators - Causing Tranny hesitation/thumps

Added Resonators - Causing Tranny hesitation/thumps

VZ 2006 Commodore Exec.

Tis a long story but I had two small glass packed resonators added just after my hi-flow cats and since then my car immediately has thumped really bad on the shifts, like bad.... after a while it started to get a bit better.

Anyway... after much diagnosing of car temps etc...... It's caused by the TCU shifting at Maximum Pressure because the ECU is reporting a Invalid Torque Signal.

I have turned Max Pressure off on invalid signal, seems to have fixed it up. My question now is........ if the engine temp is ok etc and the car is good....... despite those resonators stuffing something up there causing that issue, do you guys think it'd be fine to leave them in?

It was fine before without them, but with them I have really good low down torque and no loss of high-end torque.

Thoughts?

Update: in another unrelated matter 2 of my rocket arms had come off........ i think maybe one came off previously for one of the exhaust valves out........ this might be my cause. gotta run some checks