Thread: Little info regarding checksums..

Little info regarding checksums..

Talked to a fellow PCM hacker today....

This is what I came away with..

Instead of having to deal with checksums on the 3.8 binaries.. there is a flag that can be toggled to disable the checking of the checksum..

Here are my beliefes.. now they may be off because today has been a VERY long day and I don't remember the half of it..

It is perhaps 1 byte.
    It is 00 as is.. ???
    The code checks to see if it is a certain value, if it IS the certain value, it doesn't check the checksum..

If you notice, right before and right after the checksum are 00's...

So I'm thinking its right before the checksum.. in the second half of the word there.. BUT!... I'm not sure if it would be in the second half of the word...

I'm still kinda confused about this..

Also, with the V8's as I've already known.. EACH section has its own checksum... and its not a standard algorithm to calculate it.. and there is no checksum flags... The checksum uses the CAL_ID for that segmet (There are 8 segments total) in the checksum algorithm... very complex!!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: Little info regarding checksums..

too late for me to comprehend.. my brain is fried from table huntin.. :P
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: Little info regarding checksums..

The sad thing is.. its only gonna get tougher too..
    There is so much stuff getting controlled by the PCM now..
    I hope they do the LAN thing and let each device control itself. That would make this hacking of stuff so much more fun. Maybe.

Carbs and distributors anyone?? lol
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.