Thread: 2009 Silverado trans Help Please

Tuner in Training

2009 Silverado trans Help Please

I have a 2009 Silverado with the 5.3l. It is a stock truck. I have "adjusting" the tqmg and the shift points on the transmission. I have a problem. When the truck is cruising at 70mph, and DOD is on, when I stomp down on the gas, the truck down shifts very hard making the back tires bark and then the truck takes off like it should. How can I get the hard down shift fixed?

I haven't messed with the Line Pressure ether.
    I have attached a copy of my tune file. Thank you for your help.

Advanced Tuner
    My Guess Is You Turned Off The Garage Shift Or One Of The Other Tq Management Paramters In The Tranny Side Of The Tune.

My Gxp Does That Now As Well And I Am Getting Ready To Go Back In And Make Some Adjustments To Mine As Well.

Senior Tuner
    Lower your shift pressure?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Sneakyws6. I thought that that if I didn't remove or set everything in Tip-In Tqmgt to none, that the torque reduction would still be enabled?

Advanced Tuner
    It All Works Together And Or Interpolates To Some Degree. I Originally Left My Garage Shift And One Of The Other Tq Management On And Mine Shifted Great, Since I Changed The Garage Shift Mine Chirps On Down Shift Now.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sneaky. I will turn the Garage Shift back on and see if that helps. Thank you for your help. Did you happen to have the time to check out my tranny tune and see anything wrong with it?

Advanced Tuner
    I Am At Work And Cant See The Files Until I Get Home Later On Tonight.

Tuner in Training
    Sneakyws6, thank you for your help yesterday. I found your tune for the GX8 on another post yesterday. So what I done was copy just about 95% of the trans settings from your GX8 to my 09 Silverado. MAN what a difference that made. I know feel like I'm driving a 6000lb sports car. Thanks again for your help. If any one would like a copy of my tune file, send me a email, I give it to you.

Advanced Tuner
    Just Take It In Baby Steps, Most Of It Should Work For You Other Than The Part Throttle Speed Maps And So On Depending On Your Rear Gear Ratio.

I Sent You A Reply To Your Pm, The 5.2 Rev You Saw Is My Most Recent Tune I Am Running Right Now.

Advanced Tuner
    yea there was is alot of things i dont like about ur first tune u posted greg
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0