Thread: <Unsupported Parameter>

<Unsupported Parameter>

I am trying to log transmission PIDs like "Trans input shaft rpm" and "Trans output shaft rpm".

I have been able to get the PIDs show up after Scanner is attached to the vehicle for some period. Not sure why they don't show up at first but it seems that after a minute or two or starting a scan and the stopping it they appear in the "Insert PID" menu (see attached).

So the first question is why don't they show up right away? What action should I take to have them show up in the Insert PID menu?

My second question:

I tried to insert the 7 Transmission>General parameters below Intake Air Temperature. However only "Trans Fluid Temp" and "Trans Output Shaft RPM" showed up in the Table Display list (attached).

Why when I select some of them do the show up as "<unsupported parameter>" (see attached)?
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wendling View Post
    I am trying to log transmission PIDs like "Trans input shaft rpm" and "Trans output shaft rpm".

I have been able to get the PIDs show up after Scanner is attached to the vehicle for some period. Not sure why they don't show up at first but it seems that after a minute or two or starting a scan and the stopping it they appear in the "Insert PID" menu (see attached).

So the first question is why don't they show up right away? What action should I take to have them show up in the Insert PID menu?

My second question:

I tried to insert the 7 Transmission>General parameters below Intake Air Temperature. However only "Trans Fluid Temp" and "Trans Output Shaft RPM" showed up in the Table Display list (attached).

Why when I select some of them do the show up as "<unsupported parameter>" (see attached)?
    They "are" unsupported
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0