Thread: '06 4L60E -> 4L80E segment swap issues

'06 4L60E -> 4L80E segment swap issues

I'm tuning my friend Zach's truck that's a '06 with a 4L80E swap and we're seeing some weird converter lockup stuff at low speed. Basically sometimes in reverse the converter will actually lockup which of course causes the motor to bog and knock. Also, sometimes at low speeds like turning onto a residential street (5-10mph) the converter will lockup. If I give it a little gas sometimes it'll unlock just fine but otherwise it takes a second or so to unlock and go. Here's the specs on the truck:

'06 CC -
    4L80E w/ Circle D billet converter 3500 stall
    6.0 - MS3, full exhaust, intake

The transmission was built locally and from what we remember the stock converter wasn't locking up like that at low speeds.

In the log attached, where the knock spikes bad at frame 373 that's where the converter actually locked up in reverse. Kinda weird that it locked in reverse

Any help/insight would be sweet. I can't really find any threads on tech/PT/GMFS about converters locking prematurely like this.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

for some reason it wouldn't let me upload the file earlier. now it's posted.
    '20 AT4

Well, Zach dropped the truck off at the trans shop and David said the filter was filled with lockup clutch material from the previous converter (Edge Racing). I'm guessing that the filter being clogged might could cause the converter to do weird things. The trans is slipping a little at WOT 2-3 shift too. We'll know more once the trans is torn down.
    '20 AT4