Thread: LSedit files

Tuner in Training

LSedit files

I'm glad to see others are interested in "hacking" the ls1 pcm. I'm interested in ls1edit files in particular. Has anyone here been able to figure out the file (byte) formatting in these files? It has a simple header but then goes to binary which is illegible. I personally would just like to write a better GUI for editing the files.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: LSedit files

Carputings LS1Edit files are encrypted. It would take quite a bit of work to decrypt them.

Perhaps I can get you a few real LS1 binaries and see what you find. I'll see what I can do.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Ahhh, that would explain the single exported function in their ddeslt1.dll file. _desfunc@8. I guess I could try and write a dll that would intercept and display what was being passed to this function. Yes yes, if you could get me some raw data for a 98-02 LS1 that'd be great.

They're also using BitArt's exe protection software to keep my prying eyes out of their EXE.

Rob

I got a hint!!!! Use a program such as softice. Look at the memory regions that the program mallocs(). You will see a nice 512KB memory area..... Guess what?!? Its NOT encrypted! !!!! Reaaaaaal simple!

Jason! Awesome idea. Pure genious.

Just have to say it... This site does not promote theft of information, copyright infringment, and/or any other illegal activities.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...