Thread: Paging Russ K

Tuner

Paging Russ K

Russ,
    I saw a previous post by you stating that you set all V8 cars to TCC duty cycles of 90 min and 100 max. Is this also true for LS4's (Front drive GXP or SS) with a stock tranny and stock converter? Also I tried to PM you but I got a message back saying your PM box is full.

Thanks Russ.

Nick

Yes, I set the TCC max to 100 & the min to 90. Never done a FWD V8 yet, but on the V6 FWD cars, I set the min to 50 instead of 90 so the TCC apply isn't too harsh.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Thanks Russ. I think I might start at 50 and see how it feels. I know the front wheel drive transaxle's (4T65's I believe) are not as strong as the 4L650's. I finally found the TCC PID's to monitor. For some reason the scanner would not always show me the additional supported PID's for my car. I found that by just turning the ignition to the run position without the car running and then connecting the scanner to my car, I was able to find the additional PID's. I did a short log last night and the TCC slip% always said 80% and never changed no matter what the TCC PWM was or if the converter was locked or unlocked. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I tuned one on an LS4 Impala SS and it was a bastard. I can't even get ANY TCC PIDs to show