Thread: MAF Tuning Help LNF experienced Tuners please Help

Advanced Tuner

MAF Tuning Help LNF experienced Tuners please Help

My MAF is all messed up. I have been trying to fix it using the MAF output vs frequency table but to no avail and I am stuck please help me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 06-16-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Anybody?

Advanced Tuner
    What exactly is the problem? I don't see anything in the log that would tell me your maf is messed up.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    What exactly is the problem? I don't see anything in the log that would tell me your maf is messed up.
    According to my histograms my LTFTs are -5 and my STFTs are all over the place between -18 and +25.

If you don't have a way to turn off LTFTs (which I don't think you do after looking at your tune) then don't even bother looking at STFTs. If the LTFT averages are within +-5% then you're good.

I don't know how you guys tune these things, there are soooo many blank screens. You would freak if you looked at my tune and all the settings I can change. Sorry to rub it in...

PS: WTF does LNF stand for?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    According to my histograms my LTFTs are -5 and my STFTs are all over the place between -18 and +25.
    That's normal, the stft will fluctuate like that in some parts of acceleration/deceleration.
    If you want to add fuel in specific load/rpm points use the base maf correction table, increasing the number add's fuel and decreasing takes away fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Thats the 2.0L direct injected turbo motor found in the solstice/sky/hhr/cobalt.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    If you don't have a way to turn off LTFTs (which I don't think you do after looking at your tune) then don't even bother looking at STFTs. If the LTFT averages are within +-5% then you're good.

I don't know how you guys tune these things, there are soooo many blank screens. You would freak if you looked at my tune and all the settings I can change. Sorry to rub it in...

Thanks and yes we have only two MAF tables and 13 total tables but we have a factory wideband so no VE tables to mess with at least. They are really easy to tune even for a first time tuner like myself. The LNF is the 2.0L Turbo Direct injection motor on the Cobalt SS Soltice and Sky and HHR SS.

Tuner in Training
    How do you shut off DFCO for tuning? it seems to be screwing up all my numbers.

Holy post raised from the dead batman. I was like... "Umm term asking about maf tuning, whats going on here"

If you don't want DFCO, 0 out the torque management inj disable table

Tuner in Training
    I'm fairly new to all this and I know this is what they had to do on LSJ to get it dialed in but is this the right way to go about it for the LNF? Is there a better way to get clean results?

Advanced Tuner
    Screwing up what numbers? Like Ch1ck3n said http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28714