Thread: LNF Engine Swap

Potential Tuner

LNF Engine Swap

This may not be the appropriate forum, but you guys seem to be about the most knowledgeable group I could find concerning the 2.0 LNF engine. I would like to swap an engine from a Cobalt SS/TC into a Lotus Elise. This is for a road race car - not a street car.

What am I going to need to keep the stock ECM happy and not go into limp home mode? I know I will need the pedal box (or at least the pots and switch hardware) and BCM. I'm guessing that I may also need to duplicate the wheel speed sensor setup. Anything else?

Do yo know of anybody who has successfully put an LNF in a different vehicle? Is there anybody out there who knows how to disable the ECM checks?

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I would try Lyndon wester or Vince Gegaila From Trifecta. They are knowledgable in that arena and could likely disable whatever is nessicary to make it run.
    Me love boost long time.

Potential Tuner

LNF Engine Swap

Thanks for the tip. I talked to Vince. He doesn't think there's any major issues with the swap. The BCM and ignition switch is also needed to make sure the anti-theft immobilizer is satisfied. It is also possible I will need the dash. He doesn't think the wheel speed sensors are needed.

Hello All... We have an LNF mounted in a Rock crawler, we have a Swap Specialties stand alone harness... Andy has provided us a File to use on the ECM but the engine will not fire.. we have made sure that the Pink Ignition wire keeps power during the crank.. We are kind of at a loss at this point...any help is appreciated.. IMG_9583.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Are the injectors firing? If they are, but the coils aren't, then you have a wiring problem, bad coil(s) or a bad ECU. If the injectors are also not firing, then it sounds like the immobilizer isn't actually disabled.

Potential Tuner
    Those ecms will not run without a trifecta stand alone tune it?s $700 it rewrites the need for a BCM handshake over the gmlan datalink

We have solved the issue and it is not a solution provided by Trifecta... we now have a stand alone tune that we can load onto an E69 ECM that will allow stand alone operation for the LNF! Feel free to reach out to use you you are looking for a solution that is not $700
    Last edited by RPM-Motorsports; 02-27-2021 at 12:42 PM.